Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this ad listing a 2004 WRX for sale (with credit to Oversteer) with only 37k miles:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=506869491

I have no interest whatsoever in this car and no connection with the seller. I'm only posting it because I thought it was interesting that a 15 year old WRX has only 37k miles. I've always had a soft spot for older, low-mileage cars.

What do you think of the price? I might have been interested in this car myself (if I hadn't just bought a 2019 WRX last week), but at $16k? Does that seem steep?

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
Honestly, with the collector market reaching to them now the price doesn't seem absurd. I personally wouldn't pay anything near that, however many people will.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As much as I like older low-mileage cars, I personally wouldn't pay anywhere near $16k for it either. What would you do with that car? If you drove it, it would depreciate like a rock falling off a cliff with more mileage. But on the other hand it would seem silly to just turn it into a garage queen and only take it out twice a year on sunny days to Cars & Coffee.

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
1. Price is insane.
2. Mileage RE: Mileage. Did you see the mileage?

When mileage is very low for the year, I often ask the question -- why? Did the car sit for periods of time? Why? Was it in an accident? Could the owner not afford to fix for a period of time?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts