Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After tomorrow I'll be an Amsoil dealer. I'm meeting with my rep to fill out the paperwork.

Is there any interest in buying package deals on synthetic motor oil or any of Amsoil's many other products?

Tests have show this stuff makes the Mobil 1 look like dirt.

I can get some information together on products available and pricing if you guys and gals have any interest. There will apparantly be greater discounts for larger quantity purchaced. I'll have more details after tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Brad,

Could you please enlighten me with what it is about Amsoil that makes it so much better than Mobil 1?

Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well,
First off,

AMSOIL made the FIRST synthetic lubricant,

all other companies like Mobil 1 followed,

so to start, they've been in buisness doing this longer,

I could fill a website on why their products outperform all others on the market,
but someone already did :)

www.amsoil.com

check it out, look around at the product info and such,

any questions it can't answer I can try to, or I can get an answer

I'm not gonna sit and bust on a particular brand of product though, I always used Mobil 1 myself up till I found out about AMSOIL.
theres been tons of independent tests, one I can think of off the top of my head is the wear test.
Basically they tested the protection of AMSOIL by measuring wear scars.
AMSOIL left half the scar length Mobil 1 did under identical conditions.

Its also far less volatile then Mobil 1, meaning much less will boil off.

ah, I hate sounding like an infomertial, check out the site

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
The 4-bearing test isn't quite realistic, but that's what everyone does anyway. (It even shows the hydrocracked Castrol Syntec is better than Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic).

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
no offense, but how am i supposed to trust an amisoil website for accurate results on motor oil tests. isn't that like asking ronald mcdonald who makes the best hamburger?

and just becasue someone has been around longer doen't mean their product is better.

do i need to reference betamax and VHS?

dR

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I asked if there was interest in the product,

apparently you are not interested, and I'm not going to argue with you to try to convince you otherwise, everyone has the right to their opinions, and I've found that the arguing over these things on the internet is a loosing battle anyhow

the point of this post was to offer a product to people, if you'd like to buy AMSOIL products, I have them, if not dont buy them

for those who are interested, you can email me for more information

edit:
I just want to note that I appreciate the input, my tone isnt intended to be rude, (people get these things confused when all you see is words)

please email me any info you guys find proving amsoil to be substandard to the competition and I'll bring it to my rep for his response,
I'm in no way an independent testing facility, all I can give you for answers is what I have for sales information

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
G-Force said:
It's responses like that makes me want to buy! :D

Thanks for being so understanding.....

Anyways, when can we get some pricing and availability info?
I'm waiting on my dealer status from them,

I have my pricelists now, however I cant actually buy yet

I'm thinking about a week

Once I get you guys pricing Im gonna try to get one large buy toghether to start, so we can get a discounted rate. After that the only discounts will be available at whatever quanity discount you get individually, Unless I have group buys again.

So convince your friends to buy it by the drum so we all can get great pricing :)

But be prepared, this stuff is not cheap,
but if you ever talk to someone who uses it, you'll never meet a more loyal customer

·
Registered
63 Posts
XL 7500 or SAE

They show an XL 7500 and an SAE 5w-30 product. Which would you recommend for the WRX?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why?

It lasts less time. What's the difference between the two. Will this be less than $6 a qt? I can get it from a dealer in town for that much.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well its API certified, where as the other stuff "exceeds API requirements"

I'd recommend this stuff just so you dont run into any warranty issues

yes it lasts 6 months istead of two years, but really, I think we all change are oil regardless much sooner than that

it'll be closer to 5 a quart for individual sale, cheaper for bulk buys which is what I hope to gather up here

and most people dont have dealers located near them

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'll probably switch over to Amsoil on my next oil change.

I just ordered some Royal Purple for my diff and tranny. If I'm not happy with the results I'll try Amsoil in that also.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
25,000 mile life Amsoil advertises for the Series 2000 oil is only obtainable by using their dual filter by-pass system and through oil analysis testing.

If you can on using the OEM style filter, the life drops by half. And you must change the filter at the normal oil change interval. And the oil life has to be verified by oil analysis testing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I knew a guy that used Amsoil oil in his car (modified GSR) and he changes his oil 2x's a year. We were all puzzled by this, but his car is still running strong.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts