ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok right now i have a 04 sti im looking for power and im deciding to put a fmic is that a smart choice to go to for power?? i have a exhaust downpipe upipe coob stg 2 n a tune already will it be safe to get a fmic without a tune n i do plan to upgrade turbo probably the fp green. any suggestions?? thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
o5sleeper

ok right now i have a 04 sti im looking for power and im deciding to put a fmic is that a smart choice to go to for power?? i have a exhaust downpipe upipe coob stg 2 n a tune already will it be safe to get a fmic without a tune n i do plan to upgrade turbo probably the fp green. any suggestions?? thanks
I have an 05 with a perrin fmic stage 2 it made a huge diff tim bailey tuned 320awhp and 423tq with a stock turbo

·
Registered
0 Posts
you will be ok for a while without a tune but dont push it and also do an ecu reset

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
FMICs are decent for making power. I'd wait for the fp, though. just my opinion
I have an 05 with a perrin fmic stage 2 it made a huge diff tim bailey tuned 320awhp and 423tq with a stock turbo
wow 320whp on a stock turbo. nice. Especially the 423tq. Must be spoolin' the crap out of that thing ;)

Give him a break the OP was way to long to read it completly.
:rotfl:
you will be ok for a while without a tune but dont push it and also do an ecu reset
Agreed. Get ready for some bucking and hesitation, though.. Remember, the fueling setup on these cars are a "timed/delayed" event. Adding eight feet to the intake tract without the necessary ecu changes (tune) can give you a little grief. Although, you may be able to find an OTS map from Cobb for the FMIC changes, to get you by until you get a protune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts