Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search on both clubs and came up with some ideas but I need to be steered int he right direction. Where can I find a top mounted intercooler protector. The kind that bolts directly to the top of the intercooler. It DOES NOT have to say MRT or anything. I saw a few on sites from England and the prices are in POUNDS. Anyone know where I can buy one from a US distributor. A few of the fins on my intercooler look kinda mangled and I don't want to make one. I have seen homemade ones and they look like ****. Please help me.
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Seems like a marginal idea at best to me, mostly to protect the intercooler for cosmetic reasons. To me, the last think I would want to do is restrict the airflow the intercooler and turbo. I would think a good fin comb would help straighten out the fins once and a while.

·
2,210 Posts
Stonechips and road debris seem to be a real problem here. When I saw the damage to my IC, I didn't take too much convincing that a home-brewed IC guard was a good idea. The other WRX guys I know around here also run them with no apparent problems.

It doesn't look bad; but who cares anyway.

-Pace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts