Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was looking at the plate that goes between the hood scoop and the intercooler. It has a gap almost all the way around it. It seems to me if I was to put a rubber seal strip around the plate it would cause more air to be forced into the intercooler, instead of behind it.

Any thoughts? I am attaching a picture of the plate that I am talking about. This is an aftermarket one, but the principle is the same.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Great minds think alike!

I was peering into my scoop a week of so ago and had the same thoughts. I don't know what would be better, fill the gap (smooth transition) or cut the back of the plate.

misterx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MisterX said:
Great minds think alike!
I was peering into my scoop a week of so ago and had the same thoughts. I don't know what would be better, fill the gap (smooth transition) or cut the back of the plate.
misterx
What do you mean by cut the back of the plate? Do you mean cut the part of the plate off that has the holes for the screws, and push it flush with the hood?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm working on it tomorrow. My memory doesn't serve well enough to recall the exact design.

I'll post on this after I give it a good look. But I was thinking of cutting the damn plate to remove the "hood scoop liner" part.

misterx

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
This is an easy fix. At the top of the scoop portion of the plate, make a cut in each side just at the junction of the scoop and the side supports. Then bend the top of the scoop part up a little with your hands.

I just did it and it works nicely. Just paint the cuts so they don't rust.

misterx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts