Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2011 WRX Hatch. Currently running Stage 2+SF 93 MTv300 LWG tune on my accessport V3. PROTUNED 303AWP 332lb-ft

My current mods are Cobb SF Intake, Invidia Catless Downpipe, Invidia N1 Race Catless Catback exhaust, Cobb 3 port EBCS, 750cc injectors, Perran fuel rail, Perran FPR, Cobb AccessportV3.

I have some money and want to buy another nod to add to my WRX. Should I get a new Top Mount Intercooler, or should I get a new unequal length exhaust manifold and Catless uppipe?

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
Top mount would be my first choice. You will need a new tune. I'm all but certain you have no uppipe cat. The unequal may be OK later - again a retune will be needed.

BTW ...

I deleted your other identical posts. Please just add content only once? :) Thanks.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,618 Posts
Holy cross-posting, Batman!! :wiggles:

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
Copy and paste has its bad side ... :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey bro sorry I'm new to this whole forum thing. Never been on a forum before so I wasn't sure how things exactly work. Sorry for the multiple threads.

Yes I know I will need to retune once install a new tmic. But I was reading online that a high performance exhaust manifold & Uppipe would gain me 25-30awhp and 35-40lb-tq to an Intercooler only gaining 5-10awhp and 15-20lb-tq.

Do you think those numbers are close to being correct?

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
No worries on the multiples. :) We ask you find the appropriate forum and post there.

It depends on who you get the info from. Are you DIYing the installs?

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time with an aftermarket UEL manifold; all the really good ones are EL for a reason ;)

As for losing the signature Subaru "sound"; believe me, you get over it quick. Instead of sounding like a Subaru, it sounds more like a Porsche.

Your TMIC is a bit of a weak point, as is your factory recirculator valve with plastics used. If you are an unlucky one, those can lead to leaks. I'd consider replacing them first simply as a "point of potential failure" point.

If you're not planning on adding an external wastegate to your setup, an uppipe replacement isn't worth the time/money spent installing it. While an aftermarket unit should flow better than the OE version (it's not ideal in how it's designed), you don't have the catalyst in there like the 2.0L WRXs (again, failure point), so the gains will be minimal. That said, an EWG on your setup would be quite beneficial, as exhaust gas backpressure and boost creep have been known to plague the 09-14 WRXs, but a full setup is at least $500 so it isn't cheap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
'Unseen' if you scroll to the bottom of the thread you will see that I already have a 3 port EBCS and 750cc top feed injectors, fuel rail, and fuel pressure regulator and a aem 355 fuel pump.

Now EJ257 I plan on getting the HKS SSCQ Blow off valve. And I do plan on going with an EWG setup. Just don't know which setup I am going to go with yet. Any suggestions would be nice.

Just ordered my new grimmspeed tmic with a new Cobb silicone inlet pipe and Cobb throttle body to intercooler coupler. I have a bad boost leak coming from my stick throttle body hose coupler.

And yes I do all the work on my car myself. I'm a ASE cert mechanic..

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Since the intercooler adds a layer of safety to your build I would go top mount first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts