Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading through the May issue of Turbo mag and I saw the Grand National fitted with the Nitrous Express Intercooler Spray Bar Kit...they noticed about 20 whp. Anyone ever heard of these kind of results on a basically stock WRX?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would think that the effects would like getting a much larger intercooler without the lag. Similar to the system that ford has on thier lightnings ( i think thats the right truck). when the truck is just cruising or under light load the AC cools the intercooler. When the truck goes under WOT the AC turns off and the very cold intercooler chills the air for a few seconds until it heats up. I dont remember the exact HP gains but it was 20+ hp while the IC was cold. Some said it was almost like have a nitrous shot.

- pityr

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'd love to hook up a nice little 60-75 wet shot, then grab the bar from the Ntercooler, and hook it up to the purge. if you purge long enough you "waste" n2o through it... a nice little dual-personality n2o setup would be kind of cool. if you don't want to empty your bottle, but could use a little push, just hit the purge :)

the only down side i can see to this would be that you couldn't purge out your hood scoop or any other cool little place :) (yes, a purge would be a total toy for me, haha)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The N'ter cooler has be shown to yield impressive results on the dyno. It should be noted however that the results are magnified when you have an upgraded IC like a turbo XS TMIC.

When Nathan and the guys were doing some dyno testing on stage IV TMI cars they were very impressed with the "added bonus" that the cold nitrous charge sprayed over their IC provided. I can't remember the dyno number off of the top of my head but somewhere in the 20's sounds right. The thread is on nasioc is anyone is interested enough to go looking for it.

Keep in mind here that this power is only available in short bursts like reg. N20 and that if you are spraying the same N20 charge on a smaller IC that flows less air and is overall less efficiant, the effect will be less significant.

Still for the 350.00 neighboorhood its a nice little bonus.

Cheers,

·
Registered
432 Posts
Garret, is the size of the bar univervsal for topmounts? Or, do you have different sizes for bigger topmounts?

Is it possible to control the N-tercooler from the UTEC spare solenoid feature? It would be great to set up map that activated the spare solenoid for the N-tercooler when intake temps hit a preset value or at a certain throttle position.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Garry,Do you sell the Ntercooler stuff?
I want to use a Smaller bottle for the Ntercooler and i wanted to know if i can use that little bottle designed for motorcycle use.
I have a big bottle of NOS here from my last car but i think its too big.
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
435 Posts
I was thinking of the same thing, but seems it would be a little difficult on a FMIC

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So its safe to say even on a stock setup you get that 20 whp mark or is that only with a better TMIC? I just want some extremely safe hp and keeping the intercooler chilled seems like a safe bet...you know added to the basic hp upgrades as well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
YEah but then I have seen the comment on what happens if you drop a hot glass in ice water. Hot thing dont like being cooled so fast it might crack, right? Or would the aluminum be ok

1 - 10 of 10 Posts