ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few weeks ago i saw a thread about putting mesh over the intercooler and using a template to put the STI or WRX or w/e logo u wanted on the top of ur intercooler. i want to do the mod but cant seem to find where it was posted, if any1 can send me the link that would be awesome, thanks

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

I have mesh on my TMIC - no need to paint it, you can see through the mesh.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I have mesh on my TMIC - no need to paint it, you can see through the mesh.
yea but i dont have any letters on my intercooler, it stock wrx intercooler, i want to put the WRX on the intercooler so i would paint the mesh.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont plan on upgrading my turbo for at least 2 years tho i would rather spend the money on stage 2

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
yea but i dont have any letters on my intercooler, it stock wrx intercooler, i want to put the WRX on the intercooler so i would paint the mesh.
what i got was that i need to scan the logo, make a stencile, and spray my way to happiness.
I think you're a little confused. You want the letters WRX on your intercooler & you want the mesh on there too? Do what Bounce suggested with the stencil,(that's what I did) & then get a mesh piece to go over it. I'm sure you can still see the letters through the mesh like Micah said.

You mean like this right?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
u can just paint the intercooler? what i ment was paint the mesh with WRX

·
2,770 Posts
u can just paint the intercooler? what i ment was paint the mesh with WRX
Yeah, you can paint the IC. If you want to paint the mesh, just buy some & use this as a stencil. Boom whack done!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what should i paint the IC with?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok sweet, thanks for the pattern

·
2,770 Posts
ok sweet, thanks for the pattern
No problem. I used poster board as a stencil. I centered it & then cut it to size for the IC. It took about 10 minutes all together. Maybe 20 mins total with painting 3 coats. It's really easy. Good luck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i was bored the other day and did mine, it took me forever to make a stencil because i wanted it to take up the whole intercooler...

W

·
0 Posts
I think you're a little confused. You want the letters WRX on your intercooler & you want the mesh on there too? Do what Bounce suggested with the stencil,(that's what I did) & then get a mesh piece to go over it. I'm sure you can still see the letters through the mesh like Micah said.

You mean like this right?
I know this is ancient, but I love the WRX logo on the intercooler! I have read all about how to do it, but I just need to find a big enough WRX logo to make a stencil cutout of... any suggestions where I can find one?

W

·
0 Posts
Nevermind, I figured it out. I just enlarged a logo to the right size. Here it is for anyone who wants it:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts