ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What size turbo?
its just a stock turbo running 18 psi, alott of people are telling me to leave it bbut i wanna upgrade, but a buddy of mine says i need to change my intercooler before i really do anything

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
You need to find out what your goal is for the car first, otherwise you are spinning yur wheels (spending $ aimlessly).

Find what turbo you want and can support, then the question can be answered.

·
Sammich Makin' Pwincess
13,124 Posts
a FMIC with that set up is definitely not good use of your money.

you should get:
turboback exhaust
uppipe
tune.

if you want a FMIC, a bigger turbo & supporting mods would be the best route to take with that.

·
Banned
6,622 Posts
its just a stock turbo running 18 psi, alott of people are telling me to leave it bbut i wanna upgrade, but a buddy of mine says i need to change my intercooler before i really do anything
A stock turbo doesn't even come close to warranting a FMIC. You will more negatives to performance than positive.

Get an stock STI TMIC if you must, but your stock intercooler is fine for what you have.

·
UnBanned
17,655 Posts
If you plan to get a bigger turbo... then it doesn't hurt to look at upgrading to a fmic (in my opinion) My personal opinion is, vf39 and larger can rate a medium size fmic.

I'd look at the Perrin piece... it's 18% off right now, and it's one of the better FMICs on the market. The Perrin, and APS DR525 are the only two FMICs I'd recommend anyone look at.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i want torque and alot of it

You need to find out what your goal is for the car first, otherwise you are spinning yur wheels (spending $ aimlessly).

Find what turbo you want and can support, then the question can be answered.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
moy said:
i want torque and alot of it
moy said:
i have all those i have headers up pipe n down as well as being tuned also
Look into an EvoIII 16G turbo setup - that'll do more for you than a FMIC

·
Registered
36 Posts
i just bought a evo 3 big 16g cant wait to get it.. do u think that sti TMIC is ok for that turbo.. i was looking at FMIC kits but they look like they go through the hole i have my intake in on my pass. side fender.. i have the APS 70mm intake.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
gripbox said:
i just bought a evo 3 big 16g cant wait to get it.. do u think that sti TMIC is ok for that turbo.. i was looking at FMIC kits but they look like they go through the hole i have my intake in on my pass. side fender.. i have the APS 70mm intake.
The APS FMIC works with their intake.

The STi TMIC would be fine, but if you can find a used TXS TMIC (not one of the chinese knockoffs), that would be better

1 - 20 of 24 Posts