ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems I am in a bit of a pickle...I am part of a team of a bunch of friends. We all have sick cars. We've got about 8 Supra's (one being in the near 700hp range) a few 3rd Gen RX-7's, even some beastly Domestics. There is another team that we know that for some reason hates on us...even though we are nice to them. Here comes the bad part...

There is a guy on the other team with an STI that has Downpipe, Turboback, and MBC. He beat me on an 1/8 mile track. (My car being impossible to launch due to it's lightweight flywheel) Now, near the end of the 1/8 I started to pull...but since it was so short, he took the win.

With my mods I honestly believe that I should destroy him. (as long as I'm running 100) Although I was nice to him as a fellow Suby owner, he started talking mad !)(&@!% claiming how my car was slow and whatever. Anyways, my mods include:

APS SR40 Turbo @ 19psi (100oct)
APS DR500 FMIC
PE Injectors
APS Catless Turboback

blah blah. I put down 328whp with the 100.

What I really want to know it, shouldn't I be able to beat him? My other friend on the team wants to settle it by a challenge in the touge...FD3S vs. the STI. But he still wants me to beat him in the drag first. My SR40 is kinda laggy though and it's hard to launch, lol.

·
6,298 Posts
XtianLA said:

With my mods I honestly believe that I should destroy him. (as long as I'm running 100)
I'm assuming you are talking about a race over the 1/8th mile in distance? As (not to belabre the point), it is clear that with your mods, you can't destroy him in the 1/8th.

Based on your mods when compared to his, and assuming his isn't tuned to the bast possble parameters, you should easily take him in the 1/4.

After you do beat him though, stay at your level....congratulate him for his first win, say thanks for the race, and move on. Those who don't represent the Subaru community well, especially when talking to other Subaru owners, don't need to have time wasted on them.

·
Registered
898 Posts
It took me a while to get the balls to really launch my WRX with the lighter weight flywheel. I have a taller first gear, which makes it even harder. Basically, it just takes more rpm's. I'm sure you already know that.

I had to launch at near 6K RPM's to get any kind of decent launch. With a good clutch upgrade it should grab. I'm sure the SR40 isnt helping the launch out much either.

If you nail the launch, I'm sure you can kill that STI even in the 1/8th mile. I've had to play catch up on a few STI's so far. None were modded too much of course.

good luck next time

;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Inter-family hating by an STI to my Rex

YBNormal07 said:
I'm assuming you are talking about a race over the 1/8th mile in distance? As (not to belabre the point), it is clear that with your mods, you can't destroy him in the 1/8th.

Based on your mods when compared to his, and assuming his isn't tuned to the bast possble parameters, you should easily take him in the 1/4.

After you do beat him though, stay at your level....congratulate him for his first win, say thanks for the race, and move on. Those who don't represent the Subaru community well, especially when talking to other Subaru owners, don't need to have time wasted on them.
Yeah, after the race he left anyways, but I wouldn't have said anything bad. I wouldn't get to his level. Maybe I'll just get some practice and challenge him to a 1/4.

·
6,298 Posts
Kewl...thats the way to represent our community. Bet the owner of the STi doesn't even wave to other scooby owners:sadwave: :thumbdown :screwy: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Same thing has happen to me, Punk Kid in a Brand new STI talks **** to me wrx...o well, i still ALWAYS wave to him.

·
Registered
860 Posts
i cant stand unfriendly WRX/STi owners.

seems like the unfriendly ones are the hardcore "ricers" who just bought the car because it was cool at the time.

one guy was driving in the opposite direction on the hwy one day and was flashing his lights at me about 1/8 mile away just to say 'hi.' its cool owning a subie.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It takes more than just HP to get down the track

Hows your clutch doing? Stock clutch or aftermarket?

Also - are you running the stock gears?

You mentioned your not launching well. What are your 60' times?

What times are you running in the 1/8 mile? That right there will tell us whats going on. An STi with his mods can easily pull 1.6x sec 60' times and 8.1- 8.3 sec 1/8 mile times with a decent driver.

STi's are also much easier to launch compared to a WRX.
My STi pulls consistantly faster 60' times than my Stage 4+ WRX.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What a jagoff... what's with people? I wave to GC8's, Supras, hell... even Evo's. What's the point in being a jerk.

Try and find him on the street and smoke him from a roll, or get your launch down and smoke him in the 1/8 or 1/4.

BTW, what WHP are you laying down on pump gas? I have a friend who's interested in an SR40.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Grrr

Hell if I see anyone in another Suby I will wave, horn or even pull over to talk a bit! Sounds like he's a young kid hence the stupid behaviour..........and you need a quick kick to beat him in the 1/8=N20

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
19psi on 100 octane, with 328whp? interesting. I would have thought with that octane, there would be more whp in that turbo, and at least running a few more psi.

nice numbers, though!

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Screw the haterade man...you're all good. You know what your car can do...don't even worry about it :) My club gets a lot of people hating on us because we're straight-up and legal with all of our events...wtf?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stock gears with Centerforce clutch and AVO flywheel. With all my mods I did 286whp on 91 octane (low boost though) 100 octane map I dyno'd 328whp.

The SR40 is a nice turbo, though if you want more bottom end I would stick with an IHI. I think my VF30 had a lot more kick in the low range. I'm cool with the SR40 because I am a roadracer anyways, so top-end is my thing.

As for getting higher numbers....I probably should have, but I'm not too upset with it either because as I said already I am more of a Roadracer, so it doesn't bother me too much. I've been thinking about working on the Head anyways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts