Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, who would win in a race between an Integra Type R and a WRX. I'm talking about stock here. I was online using my friends account on some Acura/Honda club and it seems like this guy is bashing the WRX saying he pulled on him about 2 car lenghts. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Once we hit fourth gear, the Type R will walk away from us. I observed this at the track. Coming out of a turn onto the straightaway, I was much faster, running right up on him. But then came the dreaded 3-4 shift, and the R started walking away.

This was shifting at redline at about 92 mph. The only power mods I had at the time was a TurboXS Stage 1 Unichip and a Stromung cat-back.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Not this post again!

Stock for stock, the WRX much faster, however over 100mph it's 'rumored' that the ITR is faster. I've never had a problem literally humilating modded ITR with just a mbc from rolls. Not even close. Plain ugly in fact.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I ran my friend's Type R with AEM intake back when my car was stock. I didn't launch, and we were even until 2nd gear, and he started pulling on me slightly in 3rd gear. 2 car lengths is a little hard to believe though. Just keep in mind that Type R weighs less than 2600 lbs and has sweet gearing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts