ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have some unknown intake on my car, it does have a spectre coupler on it though. i have no tune, but i have ordered a oem intake i hear there good for about 400 hp.im pretty positive my issues are from the intake, oem ones on it way but just out of curiosity can an intake with no tune cause a rough idle, stumbling on wot.and a lack of power i tried to search but didnt find much on rough idle and stumbling any other issues it gives? this is purely just for my knowledge

·
Registered
17 Posts
Search for other threads on this topic.

The rough idle and other issues are most likely from the intake and no tune, your MAF might be dirty in addition to the other issues caused by the intake.

A few intake manufacturers state NO TUNE required but the consensus is to have your car tuned or use an AP to tune it.

If you have no other mods on your car switching back to stock intake and cleaning your MAF should clear up your issues.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i searched i just kept finding issues regarding lean condtions ha. its a brand new maf but i do concur that the intake is a evil little demon, one more question, can you cut just before the maf on the stock intake and put a conical filter with 0 issues?

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
when i searched i just kept finding issues regarding lean condtions ha. its a brand new maf but i do concur that the intake is a evil little demon, one more question, can you cut just before the maf on the stock intake and put a conical filter with 0 issues?
why? then you'll be sucking in hot engine air and making less power. Its actually better just to run the factory air box assy until you can get a reputable intake and tune for it. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts