Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Blitz SUS intake on my car about a month ago. At first, I was very happy with the new noises coming through... very pronounced turbo whine and wastegate/(stock)blowoff valve action. After a month of this, I've gotten tired of telling people why my car sounds like it is breathing between shifts. I love the sound of the engine and the turbo whine, but I've gotten really tired of the wastegate sounds.

Yesterday I put the stock system back on. I've got to say that the silence is VERY nice. The car feels just as fast, just a lot quieter. However, I'm wondering if my mods will require some kind of intake or if I can get by without. I currently have VF34 turbo, TXS TMI, TXS up pipe and turbo back exhaust. I'm waiting on my UTEC to put in the injectors and fuel pump. Will I be hurting my performance dramatically by keeping my intake stock? Also, does a CAI have loud wastegate noises? I was thinking that since the filter element is way down in the fender it might be quieter than the Blitz, which is right in the engine bay.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
the airbox and resonator on the stock system are what makes it so quiet. the intake's lack of both of these will result in a lot more noise no matter which way you go (short ram or CAI)

i would say with your mods, stick with the SUS. you're flowing a lot more, and your upgraded TM and turbo will be best suited with that. if you rEALLY hate the noise, get a Blitz or K&N panel filter. you shouldn't sacrafice that much flow.

dR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.