Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how the insurance is on a WRX? I'm married, and I'll be 23 when I get my car.. If there's anyone around that age, can you feel me in on how the insurance prices are? I know they vary state to state, but I just want a baseline of what to expect.. Thanks.

-Zack

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I am 22 turning 23 in two months. I just got the car a week ago and I pay about 150 a month with a 500 dollar deductable.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i've looked into this a lot in the past, and found it really matters where you live. just call around and ask for a quote.... after you give them info for 5 minutes they should be able to turn around and let you know how much insurance will be...
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am also turning 23 in two months and even though I don't have the car yet my insurance company said I will have to pay $99 a month with a $500 deductable.

·
1,377 Posts
I am 24, have several tickets and through State Farm and living in VA I pay $659.12 every 6 months. But I've been a customer of theirs since I was 16 so I got cut a deal. I should pay over $800 with no tickets.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i'm 24, no infractions in MA, use commerce insurance.

i pay about $980 a year. i will be a step 9 next year *perfect driving status* :D my @$$. and it will be closer to $800/yr

oh, i have a $500 deductable.

dR

ps, run a search, there are some REALLY extensive threads on what all the members insurance status is.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It seems like most people here pay about 100/month. thats about what i pay($125) and my record is far from perfect. My last car was an RX7 and i got my share of speeding tickets.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It really depends on who your carrier is. I've found you pay more for big national companies, but they seem to be pretty reliable. or you can pay less for some local shaddy insurance company.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mine used to be halfway decent. The WRX alone has gone up $15/month, and due to some points I'm now having to pay $180 - $190/month for auto insurance :( I'm 23/single.

VV

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have my car on a policy with my other car, but I think the WRX portion of it is about $100/mo. give or take a few.

BTW, I am 23 'bout to turn 24, and married, live in Cali. The "married" discount is a big one compared to the rates for a single person.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like I'm the old man here.

34 yrs. old, clean driving record, married, live in Southern Indiana.

I have multi-car and accident free discounts and I pay $67.00 per month. My Acura is $108.00 per month. The deductible is $500.00.

(Great forum, by the way. This is my first post.)

Matt

·
Registered
82 Posts
NSXForEver said:

34 yrs. old, clean driving record, married, live in Southern Indiana.

I have multi-car and accident free discounts and I pay $67.00 per month. My Acura is $108.00 per month. The deductible is $500.00.

(Great forum, by the way. This is my first post.)

Matt
i wish i were older

·
Registered
7 Posts
mark said:
i wish i were older
It's hard to remember now (been a long time) but I think turning 25 really helped my insurance rates. I had an '88 Trans Am when I was in my early 20's and was paying $167.00 per month. After 25 I had a couple of Mustang GT's ('96 hardtop and '97 conv.) and I think I was only paying about 80.00 or 90.00.

Getting married helps too. :)

Matt

·
Super Moderator
1,984 Posts
NSXForEver said:
Not any more! State Farm, Ohio, $500 deductable, $337.60/half with multi-car discount. That's $56.26 a month. Should get a 10% discount this next renewal. I'm 48.

Oddly, the A6 is $390/half, although it cost twice as much as the WRX.

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
smorris said:

Not any more! ... I'm 48.

OK, you win. The old man award is something I will gladly give up. :) Good to know I'm not the only 30+ guy on this forum.

As for the difference between the A6 (nice car by the way) and the WRX...It is probably due to the historic claim data. My guess is that the A6 is driven more responsibly and therefore doesn't get as many accident claims. That's just a guess, though. I'm not an insurance expert.

That's not to say that most WRX's are driven wrecklessly (sp?). I would guess, though, that they are raced around the streets more than an A6 (even though the A6 is a fast car). Oddly enough, there always seems to be a salvage title WRX for sale on Ebay.

Matt

·
Registered
12 Posts
those of us here in Houston have some of the highest rates, anyone in h-town care to post your rates?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone here eligible for USAA?

Hey, I'm new to this forum as I just got a new WRX. I just checked with my insurance provider (USAA) and they quoted me $295 every 6 months for the WRX, I'm 26 and married with a relatively clean driving record. For those of you who may not know USAA provides car insurance (among other things) for people who have served in the US armed forces and their families (including children) . I am eligible since my father was in the Air Force. You may still have to be a dependant to qualify through your parents though (perhaps), but once you are a member you are a member for life (as will be your children). If you think you might be eligible go check out usaa.com I think they have a list of ways you might be eligible so you can see if you qualify. They are hands down the best insurance company in the US as well as much cheaper than anyone else. It's saved several friends hundreds of dollars a year who were eligible and didn't even know about it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts