Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of insurance rates is everyone paying? I used to pay ~800-900 every six months on my BMW.... think it'll be near that amount on the subaru?

thanks,
-Mike
[email protected]

·
Registered
134 Posts
im paying $180 a month for my wrx.. im 21 my wife is 21 and neither of us have wrecks I have one pretty bad speeding ticket on my record though..other than that its all clean.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Amica quoted me 720 per 6months or 120/month.
this was for 150/300 full coverage
I am 21 male w/ one ticket for running a red 18mo ago.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm 22 and pay less than $80 on the WRX.

Do yourself a favor if you can and want to save some cash. Pick up a second car and make sure it's paid for and only liability. You can be rated as 21-25 on the older vehicle (assuming you're older than 21 younger than 25) - that saves you the bundle of cash. Then they rate you over 25 on the WRX.

If it's done correctly - yes two cars can be cheaper than just the one new one. Believe it or not.

All my vehicles listed below run me $185 monthly for insurance.

I do not have a perfect record. In fact - had my license revoked for speeding (6 mos), been in 2 accidents (one my fault), and have 2 speeding tickets (1 cost me license).

My .02

---------------
Erik
'02 Subaru WRX stock ~227hp
'94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 modified ~275hp
'88 Benz 190E 2.3 stock ~136hp

·
Registered
306 Posts
Right

Erik is right. We have an Elantra 98. As soon as we got the WRX, we got a deal. And the WRX is cheaper than the Elantra! The insurance people over the phone were going by the size of the engine and how many cylinders.:D I don't know for how long this will last...

·
Registered
35 Posts
WRX might be cheaper for me then

I havnt called state farm yet to check, but from the posts it sounds like my insurance may drop when I get my WRX. My insurace is very high right now- Single male under 21, considered to be living in a city area, and driving a Celica Convertible. I pay something like 240 a month- insane I know! I have an absolutely perfect driving record too! I think the "sports car" and the convertible really drive the price up. I heard that the WRX is just listed as an RS, so they dont think it is sporty or fast. Plus I guess all the safety and all-wheel drive saves money.

Anyone experience a drop in insurance when the wrx?

Karl

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Just called the insurance company (USAA) and WRX would cost me $543.35/6months. I'm 31 with one other vehicle and motorcycle and clean record.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I pay about $180 a month and I have a 99 Civic Si with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts