ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new to the forum and subaru. Two weeks ago I was involved in a serious multi-vehichle accident totaling my car. Im looking into getting a 06 WRX however I know being 19 my insurance is high and with accident even higher. But will the WRX increase my insurance more?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
WRXs are a high insurance grade. Go online and get a few quotes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yes the WRX is almost guaranteed to increase your insurance rate. What was the previous car that you were driving (the one involved in the accident)?

If you're coming from a normal people mover type car and jumping in a higher performance type of car then the rate increase would most likely surprise you(also you've been in a recent accident). I've seen quotes of $2500+ a year for these cars especially at your age. Call your current insurance agent, get a quote and make your decision from there.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You say you were in an accident recently? Who was the cause of the accident? If it was you that could greatly affect your rate alone. It also depends on your driving record and the insurance company you are using. Im 23 have a clean record and pay about 1800$ which i would say isn't all that bad for nj

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey man...im in you're position however i bought an 05 wrx with 96k and am paying 3,800 per year for full coverage...sucks to be young

·
Registered
96 Posts
21 years of age with two speeding tickets paying 138 a month for 50/100k of coverage with geico. try attending a drivers improvement course. geico accepted my military DIC, and i think im getting a discount for being active duty as well... (2011 wrx)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
31single, clean driving record full coverage with low deducts and alot of coverage $63 a month

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
It also depends on how much you owe on the vehicle or if its paid off.

·
Registered
610 Posts
clean driving record...not even a parking ticket...insured through a private business...idk y im payin so much...gotta switch to geico or something...
I would definitely shop around. At 18 I had a few too many speeding tickets. At 21 I had a couple suspensions in addition to all those violations. Even then it was $2600 for full coverage on my vehicle (2003 Tiburon, so that probably helped). I'm 24 now and I've smartened up and been clean for 3 years (Most insurance companies in Massachusetts like to keep incidents on record for 6 years, so I'm still working off speeding tickets from the first half of those 6 years). I pay $1700 a year for full coverage on the 11 Rex. I know there are A LOT of variables that go into rate calculation, but it sounds like you would absolutely benefit from looking at other companies.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'd sooner drive a moped than pay $3800 a year for insurance. At that rate, I could buy a 2 year old WRX every 5 years or so just for the insurance difference. I pay around $760 a year for my '11 WRX with a clean record in my mid '30s and lots of coverage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
honestly i never thought i was getting ripped off all of these years....really never asked others about their car bills...but as a full time college student working 2 jobs, i need every penny i can get....all of is is going to insurance and i have none to spare for mods or other leisure...thanks to this thread i am most likely switching to geico fo 120 per month...much better and so much stress off my back. thanks to all

·
Registered
250 Posts
honestly i never thought i was getting ripped off all of these years....really never asked others about their car bills...but as a full time college student working 2 jobs, i need every penny i can get....all of is is going to insurance and i have none to spare for mods or other leisure...thanks to this thread i am most likely switching to geico fo 120 per month...much better and so much stress off my back. thanks to all
"Most likely switching"!? $1440 a year vs. $3800 a year should be a "I will be switching".

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd sooner drive a moped than pay $3800 a year for insurance. At that rate, I could buy a 2 year old WRX every 5 years or so just for the insurance difference. I pay around $760 a year for my '11 WRX with a clean record in my mid '30s and lots of coverage.

I pay right about the same at $734/yr for a 2011 WRX clean record and I am 28.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Now that sounds like a much better deal. As long as you didn't drop your coverage amounts to dangerously low levels, you did well. Doesn't saving money feel good? :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts