ClubWRX Forum banner

1181 - 1186 of 1186 Posts

·
Banned
350 Posts
Is that what your legislator told you? Said hell fight your fights?
No, that is the fact. Not only is my friends parents lawyers who practice specifically personal injury, but I know several people who have been blasted for tens of thousands of dollars on top of the hundreds of thousands that were already paid.

You think you know what's going on, you don't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
You clearly live a sheltered life not to be bother by what goes on around you. Your ad hominem attack against what you assume my political views may be stands alone as you are pulling things from your ass.

Perhaps if you actually get off the internet, into the world and look around at the state of the legal system in the states you would be amazed at the crap that is allowed to go to trial. All you have to prove with your injury is your inconvenience, and the other drivers negligence. Considering no fault states still ticket you for your transgression that caused the accident both are easy.

·
Banned
350 Posts
You clearly live a sheltered life not to be bother by what goes on around you. Your ad hominem attack against what you assume my political views may be stands alone as you are pulling things from your ass.

Perhaps if you actually get off the internet, into the world and look around at the state of the legal system in the states you would be amazed at the crap that is allowed to go to trial. All you have to prove with your injury is your inconvenience, and the other drivers negligence. Considering no fault states still ticket you for your transgression that caused the accident both are easy.

Get the hell out of here with your high horse bull****. Just because you live in fear of lawsuit, doesn't mean you're right. Perhaps you are the one who should pursue research instead of knocking beers with your cousin's buddies friends uncle's lawyer.

There is something called elements of the law. The plaintiff (person who said ouch for you keyboard warriors) must prove the defendent (person at fault for the accident) meets ALL elements of committing the tortious act of personal injury.

Look it up, you'll see I'm not wrong.

However, in a personal injury case, elements really aren't that hard to prove. That dude was at fault for an accident where he caused damaged. Duty to care breached by negligence, causation proved by being at fault...

Hey winner winner right? Never working a day again right
Wrong.

Here's my fav: Damages: There must be injury. This can include physical injury, property damage, or emotional distress. Unlike other personal injury claims, emotional distress has a higher chance of recovery under intentional torts.

So assuming this is an unintentional tort (like you didn't go purposely run somebody down..which would be attempted murder but hey who's playing lawyer here anyway...) The plaintiff has to prove of the physical losses caused by this.

If you lost a limb or something, yeah you're getting paid. You should be. But from a frivoulous standpoint, since emotional distress is almost impossible to prove for unintentional cases, you have 1 thing and 1 thing only that's a money maker.

Medical bills. Rule of thumb is commonly 3x medical bill in big cases

So who gets a 100k medical bill that also is filing a frivoulous lawsuit?

That's why you're coming off as a condescending idiot. All these advertisements you see are real. Yeah they say GET MILLIONS. Why wouldn't they?

I also saw I could lease a Ferrari for 599/month.

But once you go in and provide all the docs, a more realistic expectation is explained. And btw your lawyer is taking 33%.

Remember, I'm not arguing against personal injury cases being worth millions, I'm arguing against bad information on the internet claiming "stories" of somebody getting a million bucks for wearing a neck brace to court.

Moral of the story: have good insurance with a high liability coverage, don't drink and drive, and don't listen to idiots and "try to get paid"

·
Super Modulator
19,458 Posts
If either of you continues this line of conversation, I'm closing this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
I've already ignored him so I have no idea what he has going on and couldn't care less.

1181 - 1186 of 1186 Posts