ClubWRX Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1186 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
That price means nothing to me as insurance rates vary massively between states. I can insure myself and my GF in at at fault state in our current vehicles a WRX and a legacy for 100 a month. However my current state is a no fault state and the coverage is 3x as expensive for that reason alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
yea theres a youtuber with an F430 in Texas who pays only 400$ more per year than i do for my g37x in NJ. 100,000$ car vs prob a 30,000$ car in current value.

car insurance is a billion dollar industry, they have thousands of employees, decades of data, and very advanced computer algorithms to figure out how much to charge people. they know exactly what they are doing, and are very good at doing it.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,917 Posts
That price means nothing to me as insurance rates vary massively between states. I can insure myself and my GF in at at fault state in our current vehicles a WRX and a legacy for 100 a month. However my current state is a no fault state and the coverage is 3x as expensive for that reason alone.

It also varies greatly depending on how much coverage you carry. "Full coverage" means nothing, and is a generally accepted misnomer for carrying some degree of comprehensive and collision coverage. I could lower my monthly payments to less than $75/mo, but that would require me to carry high deductibles and lower my coverage to state minimums. It is stupid, bordering on criminally negligent to carry state minimums, and can open you up to a world of lawsuits if you cause a serious enough accident.

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
yea theres a youtuber with an F430 in Texas who pays only 400$ more per year than i do for my g37x in NJ. 100,000$ car vs prob a 30,000$ car in current value.

car insurance is a billion dollar industry, they have thousands of employees, decades of data, and very advanced computer algorithms to figure out how much to charge people. they know exactly what they are doing, and are very good at doing it.
Basically that. There is so much that goes into someone's insurance rates.

Person 1: "I'm only paying 50 a month, why is yours so expensive"
Person 2: "What's your coverages?"
Person 1: "25k 50k 10k, why what's yours?"
Person 2: 250k 500k 250k

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
It also varies greatly depending on how much coverage you carry. "Full coverage" means nothing, and is a generally accepted misnomer for carrying some degree of comprehensive and collision coverage. I could lower my monthly payments to less than $75/mo, but that would require me to carry high deductibles and lower my coverage to state minimums. It is stupid, bordering on criminally negligent to carry state minimums, and can open you up to a world of lawsuits if you cause a serious enough accident.
I agree with that completely. People will have minimum coverage with 5k deductibles, and think they are getting a deal. Until they crash, and that lawsuit really shows them how good the coverage was.

·
Banned
350 Posts
totally agree. I was referring to the mustang thing with the huge trend of people trying to show off for the camera and then rail into a crowd or curb.

Maybe you should change your insurance. STI is 80/month for me...I'm 27

100/300 liability coverages,
Comprehensive and collision @ 500 deductible
20 or 25k medical
Uninsured motorist or something to that nature.

No towing, no vehicle rental

I'm a homeowner back in California, carrying state minimums is for teenagers with nothing to lose.

However, Colorado is an "at-fault" (as it ****in should be) state which caused my insurance to drop significantly when i moved from commifornia.

Unfortunately, my motorcycle insurance is more then car insurance because they have no helmet laws.

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
20 or 25k medical

I'm a homeowner back in California, carrying state minimums is for teenagers with nothing to lose.

However, Colorado is an "at-fault" (as it ****in should be) state which caused my insurance to drop significantly when i moved from commifornia.

Unfortunately, my motorcycle insurance is more then car insurance because they have no helmet laws.
If you don't support no fault insurance you have no idea what it's like to be on the end of frivolous lawsuits.

·
Banned
350 Posts
20 or 25k medical

If you don't support no fault insurance you have no idea what it's like to be on the end of frivolous lawsuits.

That's why you have insurance indemnify you with a high liabilitycoverage. Additionally, you can get an umbrella insurance policy for very cheap if you so choose as a second line of defense. Like 100/year cheap. Still overall cheaper than a no fault state.

Not sure how you were raised, but I was taught to consider your actions and pay the price for your decisions..

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
That's why you have insurance indemnify you with a high liabilitycoverage. Additionally, you can get an umbrella insurance policy for very cheap if you so choose as a second line of defense. Like 100/year cheap. Still overall cheaper than a no fault state.

Not sure how you were raised, but I was taught to consider your actions and pay the price for your decisions..
I can assure you they can still go directly at you. No fault states set various limitations on personal lawsuits that at fault states do not. This makes it very easy to get your pants sued off regardless of your coverages.

·
Banned
350 Posts

I can assure you they can still go directly at you. No fault states set various limitations on personal lawsuits that at fault states do not. This makes it very easy to get your pants sued off regardless of your coverages.

Of course they sue you. That's how it works. When you get served you call up your insurance, let them Know what'sup and boom they handle the rest.

Indemnify.....

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,917 Posts
Of course they sue you. That's how it works. When you get served you call up your insurance, let them Know what'sup and boom they handle the rest.

Indemnify.....
Not if you don't have enough coverage.

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts

Indemnify.....
They can go after you above and beyond what your insurance will cover and what you are liable for. No fault stops them from doing that.

·
Banned
350 Posts
20 or 25k medical

Quoting what I already said as a response

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
Sure, you are still liable for frivolous lawsuits outside of any insurance coverage you have relating to the accident that can easily and quickly add up to hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Sure, you are still liable for frivolous lawsuits outside of any insurance coverage you have relating to the accident that can easily and quickly add up to hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Uhh. Umbrella insurance...like I already said.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree. Ultimately, this doesn't matter.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Also like to add that filingfrivoulous lawsuit is a tortious action in of itself. Lose and guess who getting sued for legal fees and time...you

Not many people have the money backing to make some crap up, afford a lawyer fee to substantiate some bs claim based on contingency, and actually win a frivolous lawsuit in excess of 300k.

By your mentality, it sounds like we should live in plastic bubbles

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
Also like to add that filingfrivoulous lawsuit is a tortious action in of itself. Lose and guess who getting sued for legal fees and time...you

Not many people have the money backing to make some crap up, afford a lawyer fee to substantiate some bs claim based on contingency, and actually win a frivolous lawsuit in excess of 300k.

Yes they do, they advertise free frivolous lawsuits on TV and radio all night long. I know several people who have been on the receiving end of those type of suits. You need to become familiar with how the legal system operates.

·
Banned
350 Posts

Yes they do, they advertise free frivolous lawsuits on TV and radio all night long. I know several people who have been on the receiving end of those type of suits. You need to become familiar with how the legal system operates.

Yeah I'm pretty familiar with how things work and it sounds like you think some neck pain after an accident is a million dollar deal.

Perhaps read up on actual law cases and outcomes from precedent.

I'll bet 99% are settled by insurance pre-trial.

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty familiar with how things work and it sounds like you think some neck pain after an accident is a million dollar deal.

It happens all the time, with great success.

·
Banned
350 Posts

It happens all the time, with great success.

Is that what your legislator told you? Said hell fight your fights?

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
Is that what your legislator told you? Said hell fight your fights?
No, that is the fact. Not only is my friends parents lawyers who practice specifically personal injury, but I know several people who have been blasted for tens of thousands of dollars on top of the hundreds of thousands that were already paid.

You think you know what's going on, you don't.

1161 - 1180 of 1186 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
496 Participants
Lee Lester Lewis
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing