ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1186 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
insurance rates: wrx=STi??

I just went through a progressive insurance rate quote online, and the price was actually 10 dollars more a month to insure a WRX!!! Maybe since more younger, inexperienced drivers buy and wreck WRX's that compensates for the power difference that I thought would make the STi cost a lot more to insure??? Either way, very interesting. BTW I am a 25 year old male living in CT with a clean record and the quotes were both about 250 a month.

·
Registered
927 Posts
My father-in-law is an insurance agent so he hooked me up, but right now I'm paying about 1600/yr for full coverage. Granted, I'm 27 and my car is an 02. :eek:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I am paying about 1700 a year for full on an 06 WRX and I am 25. I seem to remember there was a bit of a difference between it and the STi and the Evo. Insurance companies come up with there rates in strange ways. I remember looking at bike insurance and with some it was more for me to insure an old gs 1100 than a gsxr 750 because they worked mostly off displacement when it came to bikes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got both insurance quotes for a 2005 Subaru WRX and a 2004 WRX STi with about the same miles on AIG Auto Insurance and i would be paying around $470 every 6 months or $130 every month for the STi and around $113 for the WRX monthly. Thats with i think almost full coverage..

·
Registered
711 Posts
I live in MA, so the insurance situation is a lot different than anywhere else. Nonetheless, my premium is about the same as you all. $1622 for "full" coverage (collision and comp, $500 deductible for both). I'm going to ask my insurance agent what my savings would be with a $1,000 deductible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just turned 23 and i have 2 points on my license. I live in PA and the insurance on my 06 sti is through the roof. Its about 350 per month granted that the car is a lease so i have to have a certain amount of coverage otherwise it would be much cheaper. But thats what i got to deal with if i want to drive my sti and yeah its def worth it to me. later fellas

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got quoted a little over $1200 a year for full coverage ($500 deductible) on an '06 STI when I was looking into getting one last fall (around August/September). This was with me being 32, a clean record and also having a home and my wife's '05 Forester XT through them as well.

Granted now, we live in rural Northwestern PA, so our rates are probably a lot cheaper than other areas.

I'll be curious to see, if I can get an Evo MR this summer like I hope, what my payments will be on that. I'll be 33 by then, but other than that there won't really be any other changes that I can think of that will affect the rate.

But who knows exactly how they figure they're rates... ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
My insurance company quoted me equal rates for the WRX and STI.

Now if only I could trade up to an STI...can't do it...must be...responsible...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here in Oregon my rates have fluctuated pretty bad, I started out paying 144/mo full coverage with 500 deductable for my STI back in 04, this went up to 177/month last year, then at the beginning of this year it went down to 133/month. I am 28 with 1 speeding ticket in the past 5 years..

·
Registered
375 Posts
I pay $185 a month for my SRT with full coverage and $500 deductable. When I switch over to the Evo, my insurance guy got me $160 a month for full coverage. I'm 22 and in NC, but all my stuff is registered in FL.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i can't believe how much people are paying for insurance...

i guess i'm really lucky or i got a good person helping me...

$518 for 6/mo - that comes out to $86 and some change each month, 2 accidents (not-at-fault) 2 spd in last 5yrs (1 in last 3+ years) and i just turned 26

full coverage and $500 deductible

oh yeah...05 sti and portland, OR

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
BSRT2004 said:
I pay $185 a month for my SRT with full coverage and $500 deductable. When I switch over to the Evo, my insurance guy got me $160 a month for full coverage. I'm 22 and in NC, but all my stuff is registered in FL.
Gee.... I'm sorry man :sadwave:

·
Registered
11 Posts
WRX insurance

I'm sure this has been covered multiple times but who has the cheapest rates?
Progressive direct was the cheapest: qouted me for 120 a month basic coverage

stp,mn

qoute for 02 wrx wagon

anyone else got cheaper rates?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2002 wrx sedan in ak

in alsaka i pay 120 per month for full coverage with zero deductable on comp and 250 collision....at age 25 with statefarm

·
Registered
98 Posts
Your all lucky, I just bought my 06 WRX TR, and im only 19, with Progressive, I pay 486.98 PER MONTH :( But in February im switching to Esurance, where ill be paying 317.~~ a month :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
2006 SUBARU IMPREZA
Policy Length: 6 months

Term Premium: $ 2,067.70 *

Monthly Premium: $ 344.61
I dont understand why im payin so much while other people pay rediculous low amounts

1 - 20 of 1186 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
496 Participants
Lee Lester Lewis
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing