Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just perchased the autometer sport comp air fuel ratio and it does come with directions, but im sort of new with all this wiring stuff and i want to do it right. Can anyone familiar with installing these on our rexes give me tips, advice, or even instructions. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got an afr gauge as well to install on my mother in laws wrx. I hooked up the signal wire to the white wire on the rear o2 sensor. I wasn't sure if this was the correct connection because the only reading I got was very faint. It was the furthest red on the lean side, and hardly showed up at all.
I got the information off of this site (for the white wire hookup) and I just wanted to come back and make sure I did this correctly. (Figured I'd just add on to this thread)
Anyone else make this hookup differently. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
stealthmode said:
I got an afr gauge as well to install on my mother in laws wrx. I hooked up the signal wire to the white wire on the rear o2 sensor. I wasn't sure if this was the correct connection because the only reading I got was very faint. It was the furthest red on the lean side, and hardly showed up at all.
I got the information off of this site (for the white wire hookup) and I just wanted to come back and make sure I did this correctly. (Figured I'd just add on to this thread)
Anyone else make this hookup differently. Thanks in advance.
hey your not alone the same thing happened to me. i put it on the blue wire and it reads but not correctly it reads real slow , what gives.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have hooked one up too and same thing happens. Lean to stoich, but never in the rich. And it does not move to and fro like it's supposed to. Then I learned that the rear o2 sensor is not meant to read the full 0-1V because the computer does not need it to read actual air/fuel. That's what the wideband one is for in the uppipe (or header, I forget). Anyways, that rear o2 is only supposed to measure after-cat mixture. I am just going to put in another 02 sesor from like a Mustang GT in an extra bung I have on my DP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts