Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain the exact way (direction, side up/side down) the air filtration system filter installs? The directions show a picture of the filter and have an arror point down that says "air flow" but that doesn't help much.

Only reason I'm asking is because I belive if you install it wrong it will cause your interrior windows to fog up!

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I thought the filter had an arrow on it that pointed up. Its been over a year since I put mine in and I just followed the directions that came with it. But I am pretty sure the actual filter had an arrow telling you which way to put it in. Should probably get a new one since they say to replace it every year.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the "arrow", if you could call it that, it's really more like someone just took a black pen and drew a line on one of the ridges on the filter. However, that doesn't say which way it goes in, it's just a mark really. Does it go in first with the arrow up? Does the arrow face you as you install it, pointing up?

There really isn't much of a way to tell!

And yes, you should probably replace the filter, it says do it every 12mo's or like every 10k miles.

Jason

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just pop it in with the writing facing me and right-side up. Haven't had a problem and just changed the filter last Friday.

Calvin

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
HAHA suckers. I made my own in cabin filtration system.
I cut a furnace filter from Home Depot to fit. It works great I can tell the car is much less dusty. Plus for 8 bucks I have enough filter material to replace it like 4 or 5 more times.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PKer said:
HAHA suckers. I made my own in cabin filtration system.
I cut a furnace filter from Home Depot to fit. It works great I can tell the car is much less dusty. Plus for 8 bucks I have enough filter material to replace it like 4 or 5 more times.
I must admit you are quite teh genius. But are you sure that "mod" won't void your warrenty??

Haha just kidding :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
jay2theb said:
I must admit you are quite teh genius. But are you sure that "mod" won't void your warrenty??

Haha just kidding :)
The genius was the guy who figured it out, wasn't me though.
Hmm maybe I should have taken it out before taking it to the dealer this morning.
Sorry I searched for the thread but could not find it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
jutus said:
You're the man, PK.

I think I'll make me a ghetto cabin filter too.
Everything I learned, I learned from this site.
:)
What makes that "ghetto" though? Rigged maybe ghetto no.
since you can get an even better quality filter (HEPA) or whatever, it's not ghetto stylie.:cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PKer said:
The genius was the guy who figured it out, wasn't me though.
Hmm maybe I should have taken it out before taking it to the dealer this morning.
Sorry I searched for the thread but could not find it.
Aww c'mon man, the dealer won't void your warrenty for that! Unless it's causing some serious problems like in-cabin fog to form on a continuous basis causing mold to grow everywhere...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts