ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a used 2005 STI transmission for a 2002 WRX wagon and am looking for suggestions on vendors, preferably in California, who would install a 3.9 R&P into the stock rear differential or vendors who sell a rear diff already converted. Suggestions on sources for the 3.9 R&P parts would also be welcomed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a good source: Millenium Motors in Romeo Michigan. Google their name you'll find their website. They specialize in WRX to STI and 2.5RS to WRX conversions.

·
Registered
921 Posts
How much HP are you running? Why not go with the 160? If you're running the power I think you are, you'll be looking for another diff before too long. Cheap now=$$$ in the long run.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you meant a 180 STI diff. The WRX is a 160. Why go with the 3.9 R&P in the stock diff? A 160 diff with the 3.9 ring and pinion costs $500. Sure the 180 is better but it requires STI axles, hubs, and brakes ($1,500) or the other option custom axles to fit the WRX hubs and the STI diff costs over $1,000. That's on top of the cost of the STI tranny, drive shaft, shift linkage, etc. That's why the 160 diff with 3.9 R&P. Plus I'm at 325 whp and 350 torque so its not over the top requiring a 180.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts