ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I havent had any updates on my car recently.
But after a few with the car , all i can say AWESOMENESS!

A few upgrades on the car:
- blue batmobile overlays with 3/10 smoked centers
- AEM intake (installed yesterday as well)
- nameless catback
- invidia catted downpipe
- RA mudflaps
- HIDs
- tints
- cobb accessport

I ordered turbo xs catback and its arriving on monday :)
Will post up pics when i get them on.

Now to the few pics. Ill post some more later on:

HDR version on iphone:

Hope ya like.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
Tuned yet?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were they hard to do? Looks sick!
I didnt bother doing it myself because i know i wouldve messed them up . I took it to a tint shop And paid $80 to get them installed( remember its for the red overlays plus the smoked center overlays as well).
I didnt want to risk messing them up and having to buy new ones again.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you get the overlay?
I bought it from Blue Batmobile.
He has the highest quality overlays out there...i think.lol
His name is Andy.
You have to be patient with him though. He may take a couple days to respond your PM because of his busy life and all.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Car looks sharp. What % are your tints? I like the smoked centers.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Looks good man!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car looks sharp. What % are your tints? I like the smoked centers.
Uhh to tell you the truth i totally forgot.
All i know is that its the % that comes before the limo tints. I think its 20%( i know its illegal for me to be driving around in these tints,but where i live cops dont bother :D .
Cheers

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good man!
Thanks brotha!
Say, do ya NJ/NYers ever get meets going??
I dont mean those huge meets where 1k's of cars go.i mean those meets where maybe 10 or 15 of us get together.
I would love to get in a meet if its possible

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the car is kinda dirty but ill be posting up better pics tomorrow hopefully.
Pic from iphone with new turbo xs cbe :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I also bought blue bat mobile(Andy's) overlays I did them myself but I wouldn't recommend it, even if you do get it right its just not worth the time and frustration IMO. The inner part of the taillight is really flat and easy but the outer part is near impossible the first time I tried I messed both up really bad, tons of creases second time(another $23 and 2 weeks later) I got the left side perfect and one damn crease on the right. rudy123 your center smoke is 3/10 that's what I got but no red. I love the look but it'll make you crazy trying to do it yourself, at least get a buddy to help. Also unless your getting the custom ones with the center cutout, you don't need to buy precut if your going to a tint shop I'm pretty sure they'll use a big sheet and then trim it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I bought a 10 meter roll of Oracal 8300 (Red 31) for $40. Its the same stuff some vendors sell for much more. It gave me tons of extra material in case I screwed up. I was able to get it right the first time, but I have lots leftover in case I was to change up the design!

·
Registered
12 Posts
10 meter wow! awesome have fun. That's a good deal! with that much extra you'll be a vinyl pro, use plenty of heat I think that was my main problem the first time especially. Also you might wanna make a paper template and pre cut it yourself so its a little easier to work with. Good luck that's the main problem with blue bat is its $$$ every time you make a little mistake.

·
Registered
344 Posts
10 meter wow! awesome have fun. That's a good deal! with that much extra you'll be a vinyl pro, use plenty of heat I think that was my main problem the first time especially. Also you might wanna make a paper template and pre cut it yourself so its a little easier to work with. Good luck that's the main problem with blue bat is its $$$ every time you make a little mistake.
It was actually 15" x 10 yards, not meters; but its still a lot and it came out great! If anyone in the Philly area is interested in using some of what I have left, let me know. I'd be happy to spread some of this stuff around at no profit whatsoever :) Or you can just get it here T G G Sign Supplies - ORACAL Translucent / Transparent Films

·
Registered
12 Posts
oh oops I combined both your posts, now I see your pics and realize your already did it. I'm impressed you got it first try, I had a really tough time, I think it might be partly because I had a crappy hairdryer too 15+ years old! So that's another bit of advice go buy a heat gun or get a really hot hairdryer.

·
Registered
344 Posts
oh oops I combined both your posts, now I see your pics and realize your already did it. I'm impressed you got it first try, I had a really tough time, I think it might be partly because I had a crappy hairdryer too 15+ years old! So that's another bit of advice go buy a heat gun or get a really hot hairdryer.
Used my wife's decent (?) hairdrier to do the job. You can tell once the material is done constricting. Immediately after heat, its time to stretch, flatten and hold until secure. Too much heat and you can literally burn a hole in the material.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts