ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
wow.. thats tiny! pic looks good too. I could completely hide that on the rear of my hatch.

spec's n where to purchase please :D

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
sweet man thanks!

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I just ordred mine.. :D Its under $20.. for that even if it only works for a week ya get the $$ worth out of it lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How did you route the video wire from the back to the front? I'm about to install mine this weekend in my hatch, and was split on whether to tuck it up along the headliner to keep it simple, or run it under the door sills. My gut says headliner, but I won't know until I give it a try. I've heard getting the door sill trim removed is a huge PITA.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just ordred mine.. :D Its under $20.. for that even if it only works for a week ya get the $$ worth out of it lol.
Exactly !
I ordered a waterproof license plate camera (it has those long arms to screw into the license plate)
Ran the wire along the right side of the car with all the taillight wires and put a little breakaway in just for when I need to replace the 18dollar camera.

It surprised me with night vision. and has been working for a couple months.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Resurrecting this thread.

Just got a quick question.

How did you guys route the cable? I'm trying to figure out how to get it from head unit to camera without any wires showing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's very simple. I routed the wire into the license plate light (made a notch so that it would still attach properly) through the hatch into the driver side rubber grommet (use a coat hanger) and into the headliner.

From the headliner, drop it down along the rear pillar then down under the removable spare tire panel. Then, go up through the back seat and under the door sill trim all the way up to under the steering wheel. It was pretty simple and I'm not very experienced with wiring. Good luck!

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's very simple. I routed the wire into the license plate light (made a notch so that it would still attach properly) through the hatch into the driver side rubber grommet (use a coat hanger) and into the headliner.

From the headliner, drop it down along the rear pillar then down under the removable spare tire panel. Then, go up through the back seat and under the door sill trim all the way up to under the steering wheel. It was pretty simple and I'm not very experienced with wiring. Good luck!

Hey thanks a lot. I got the same camera that was posted earlier so I'm going everything works out. I'm still not sure when I'm going to do this (still cold out) but if I run into any issues I'll be back. I'll also try and take as many pictures as possible for the new head unit and back up cam.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts