ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this weekend Justin volunteered his free time (he doesn't have much) to help me with my Omori gauges that have been sitting in my room for a month. I arrive on Saturday and he is finishing up with a remote starter install on SVC's ride. After the starter was done, we started on my rex. Rick (you da man), Sam (drives for Jesse), Justin on electrical (and everything else), and me drinking hot coco that Justin's mom made for us. I by far had the most dificult job. Finsished the job and the guages look awesome! I need to clear space on the digi camera, so i'll post pics on here hopefully tomorrow. We also did a cusco heat shield and an STI air splitter. Anyways, Justin and co. deserve mad props for helping me this weekend. Justin's got the tools you need to do pretty much whatever, and he's a really good guy. Which in today's crazy world is a rare thing. He's an honest dude who loves to mess with suby's. If you need any help, and he can clear some free time in his schedule, he's your man. Thanks for the help bro, wouldn't have been able to do it without you.

Peace,
nick.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
npreston said:
Thanks for the help bro, wouldn't have been able to do it without you.

x1000...thanks Justin! One look at that remote start kit and I knew I needed help. :eek3: He's an electrical wizard, I have one little bug to work out but for that complicated of a system to work on the first try is amazing.

Nick, I assume you guys were able to get the manifold back on and the tap worked out? Sorry I had to take off before you were done, can't wait to see the gauges in that pod :thumbup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
svc said:
Nick, I assume you guys were able to get the manifold back on and the tap worked out? Sorry I had to take off before you were done, can't wait to see the gauges in that pod :thumbup:
The tap worked out great man! I have to admit i was pretty nervous when we were drilling into the manifold. You did a GREAT job!! WE were talking about it on sunday at Justin's place. At first we placed the EGT probe too far into the manifold, to where it was touching the other, interior side of the manifold. Needless to say i was getting readings of 1700 degrees F. Pulled it out about an inch yesterday, now it works perfectly. Thanks for all your help on that manifold bro, without your pipe tap we would have been screwed. There's have a tentative date for another intsall on december 4th or 5th. You should roll by if your free.

Good to meet all ya'll, and thanks again for everyone's help!
Peace,
nick.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
I might be skiing on the 4th, but i'll try and show up to lend a hand with whatever. It was good to meet you guys and put more faces to names!

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
It comes and goes, but I never re-grounded it. I took the bolt out, wrapped it around and bolted it back in...but I'll try moving the ground to a different spot (still need to paypal you too, don't worry I didn't forget!)

Does the remote shut off after a certain time? I let it run for about 10 minutes and it turned off by itself. But I might have accidentally hit 'stop' too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine does that to... It might be a safty so you dont forget and leave the car running all night... I think there is a setting that you can set how long it will run....

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
That's kinda what I thought, I'll figure it out. Is it easy to re-program? I can RTFM and find out, but I have to reset my ECU to get rid of a random CEL...

more acronyms, anyone? :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happy belated Thankgiving! Are we still on for this weekend? I have an appointment (basketball game) at 2 pm on Saturday, so i could roll up that way like around 10:00 a.m. or so. Sunday I'm working on the house all day. I'd like to get my headlights done, and i'm down to help with whatever else is going on. Hope you ate as much turkey as i did last weekend!!!!!

Peace,
nick.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I will check with Dan ( Guy with silver 05 wrx ) To see if we can still use his stove and stuff. So far most people are doing the ski / board trip... Heck i migh even head up to the slopes on saturday... I will still check worst case you can still meet up with dan...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for following up with Dan for me. I wish i could join the snow group this weekend, but i can't really afford it right now. Let me know what the plans are. I'll totally meet up with Dan this saturday if it works with his schedule.

Peace,
Nick.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yo Justin, just checkin in man. Any word on availablity this weekend? Have you had a chance to holla at Dan yet? Lemme know, if it gets pushed back a week or two it's cool.
Have a great day bro!
Peace,
Nick.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wont be able to get ahold of dan till friday.. He works nighs and i work days so durring the week we never see each other. Ill see if i can get ahold of him at work tonight and let you know.. as far as me being there i working at the shop in the moring and my girl has me booked for the rest of saturday... she wants to go out for dinner to a Nice place and just enjoy the night.... :baaa: But once i hear from him i will pm ya...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No worries man, thanks for the heads up. My wife has reserved sunday for painting our bedroom, so i know exactly what your talking about. If Dan's free then it's on. If not, thats cool too. I dont want to interfear with his schedule. Have a great day dude!

·
Registered
292 Posts
My sunday is kinda open so if you would like help with the painting let me know.. We can do just plain white .... BUT... What about a WRC logo on the wall or a pink STI on the roof...yeah.. thats my kinda painting... :D

For real though... if you would like some help just let me know...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the offer man, i appreciate it. Our bedroom is kinda small, and i think there would be to many cooks in the kitchen with all of us in there painting. But thanks man, that was very nice of your to offer you free time.

The only painting I'm looking forward to is my headlights. The bedroom is Jill's thing.
Now...in the office we could definately paint a suby logo on the wall. Let me get a couple drinks into Jill, then i'll throw that one out there. She's always easy to convince when she's been drinking. How do you think i convinced her to marry a dude like me?!?!
:)

Peace,
nick.

·
Registered
292 Posts
OK...I see how it is...Dont take my help and point out my low number of posts... ouch... Well you just have fun then on sunday while im on this board kicking you A$$ in posts... :cool:

And when i get ahold of Dan i will call.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
justinpool2000 said:
OK...I see how it is...Dont take my help and point out my low number of posts... ouch... Well you just have fun then on sunday while im on this board kicking you A$$ in posts... :cool:

And when i get ahold of Dan i will call.
:rotfl:
No way dude, i'm already up by 4 posts now. I'm a man on a mission.......... :tongue:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts