ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an injen intake coming for my 2011 sti. And just wondering if anyone has one on there sti. Or wrx? And do u like it? Was it easy to install?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Are you getting tuned for it?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
On previous MYs, Injen made one of the worst intakes of all major manufacturers. If you can, switch your order to the Cobb SRI/airbox or AEM CAI.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I will do what I have to when I get it in. But the description says that it requires no recablaration needed. It has been sent so I am stuck with the injen for now!

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I'd personally send it back. As Matt says, I've never heard of a soul that has had a good outcome with an Injen. They are notorious for skewing MAF readings. Injen is wrong...you need to get a tune for it (or any intake for that matter) to have any chance at working properly.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Goodluck and welcome by the way! Pretty STI!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thanks man I appreciate the in put and next time I go to order some part's I will ask before I order

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
i just put an injen on my car. havent really noticed a difference, but only owned it for a day before putting the intake on so not sure...its a short ram with a Spectre filter on it. just the pipe is injen

·
Æternum
20,577 Posts
i just put an injen on my car. havent really noticed a difference, but only owned it for a day before putting the intake on so not sure...its a short ram with a Spectre filter on it. just the pipe is injen
The piping is what causes the problems. If the airflow is different from stock (i.e. different velocity stack, piping diameter, etc.) you will need to re-calibrate your MAF tables.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts