ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to install my sti pinks in order to complete my stage 4.i have everything in except for my injectors,i've been waiting weeks now,does anyone have a quick step by step guide to help me through this? i have looked at this but have also heard many horror stories about guys taking 6 hours to install these. im sure i can figure it out,but is there any tricks i need to know,or special tools? thanks

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
turboxs has a install guide for a full stage 4 setup on their website. also a search here for "injector and install" and there will be tons of similar threads to this that might offer some helpful hints

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys..i tried searching here for a couple days,but only found people asking the same thing as me.i will look at txs and the link trainrex sent me.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I used the info from the link that trainrex posted and it was the most helpful piece of info I could find. The pics of the GBOD are on the 3rd page and they really help you figure out where the bolts are and how to attack them. Take your time and don't be too rought when pulling out the GBOD. Good Luck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update:
i was working on the gbod's yesterday and i managed to get the drivers side out pretty easily,its the passenger side thats killing me. i have all but 1 bolt out.it the bottom left side
right behind the black breather box thats mounted to the head.i removed that black box to get at the last bolt but it seems like you cant even get a socket in there. did anyone else have this problem? i could go and get a swivel head socket but i dont think it will fit.any suggestions?

yeah and it sucks with all the intercooler piping everywhere too :screwy:

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
justin11 said:
update:
i was working on the gbod's yesterday and i managed to get the drivers side out pretty easily,its the passenger side thats killing me. i have all but 1 bolt out.it the bottom left side
right behind the black breather box thats mounted to the head.i removed that black box to get at the last bolt but it seems like you cant even get a socket in there. did anyone else have this problem? i could go and get a swivel head socket but i dont think it will fit.any suggestions?

yeah and it sucks with all the intercooler piping everywhere too :screwy:
Some people remove the breather box to get the bolt. If you do, don't lose the gasket. I was lucky enough to fit a regular box end wrench in from the back and break it loose.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i took that box off..i am doing this with just a basic craftsman socket set,i dont even have a box wrench here,i kinda shot myself in the foot with this,i dont even have a ride to go get one now :screwy:
when you got yours with a wrench from behind,was your turbo already in place? it just looks like not enough room back there.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
justin11 said:
yeah i took that box off..i am doing this with just a basic craftsman socket set,i dont even have a box wrench here,i kinda shot myself in the foot with this,i dont even have a ride to go get one now :screwy:
when you got yours with a wrench from behind,was your turbo already in place? it just looks like not enough room back there.
Yes, the turbo was in there. It took a minute or so to figure the angle out, and chop off a few fingers so my hand would fit in.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
let me ask you this...after i get this out, is the rest of this install pretty straight forward?
i can see 2 bolts holding the fuel rail down,that should be it right?
thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
justin11 said:
let me ask you this...after i get this out, is the rest of this install pretty straight forward?
i can see 2 bolts holding the fuel rail down,that should be it right?
thanks for your help
There are two bolts holding the rail down. Only bend it out of the way JUST enough to squeeze the injectors out. When installing the new ones, lube the orings with a little white lube, or assembly oil, and make sure you don't pinch an oring. And, anytime :wiggles:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts