ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock Litchfield Type-25 Subaru STi

Personally 22B's don’t mean anything but the past anymore. You will just have to move on but it’s not all bad we can look forward to this from Litchfield - 2.5 litre beast.

(ENGINE)
Engine 2457cc aluminium-alloy block, 16valve flat-four, DOHC per bank, STi aluminium-alloy cylinder heads, hybrid garret/IHI twin scroll turbocharger, equal length exhaust manifold, milteck stainless steal sports exhaust system. Enlarged inlet pipe, performance panel air filter, ECU-teck/ Litchfield Imports remapping, oil catch can, carbon air inlet cover.

(PREFORMANCE)
Power 351bhp at 6900rpm (@ 1.4bar peak-boost)
Torque: 356lb ft (@ 3650)
(0 - 60 mph) or (0 - 100km) in sub 4.1 seconds
can now top a speed of 157mph
Can also pop a standard Quarter-M in sub 13 seconds

(TRANSMISSION)
Six speed manual - all wheel drive, front suretrack LSD, rear mechanical LSD, driver-adjustable active centre diff.

(Suspension)
The beast also comes with AST coil overs, which believe me is a good thing, and standard anti-lift roll bars fitted to the rear.

(BRAKES)
Front: 330mm vented disks with Brembo fourpot-calipers or optional sports pads depending on how well off you are.
Rear: 300mm vented disks with Brembo twopot-calipers

(RIMS)
standard 18inch prodrive Flow form seven spoke alloys, Kumho xstar 225/40 tyers.

(EXTERIOR)
other wise the same as the 04 model except for:
WR1 front splitter, Xenon headlights, clear lens covers, Spec C carbon fibre wing, and of course the Type-25 decal down the side panel.
The stock Litchfield Type-25 Subaru STi

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Post your opinion

Would you buy it for 80k. Before I read about this my favourite Scooby was the 22B but it is nothing to this.

·
Registered
253 Posts
would i buy it for 80k?! god no! thats not to say that it isnt an awesome machine. is that the actual cost. it has more stopping power than me and a better transmission, but other than that id make it look like a mitsubishi:D . right hand drive = big pimpin. i would like that kind of torque down low though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was for a while but then i red up on it, the more i read about it i lean towards the type-25, check it out a bit more. www.type-25.com, its price will eventually drop. Besides i like the body of the 2004 a bit more then the older scooby now.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Actually with exchange its about $62000 US, and yes you can do alot to an USSTI for that kind of money, but when you have to pay $45000 US for a regular STI in the UK then you see why this is attractive them.

Having bought my SPEC-C from Litchfields, I have bulit up a good relationship with them. So good that they sent me the suspension kit from the TYPE 25 for my USSTI, which includes 14way adjustable AST coilovers anti lift kit and rear sways bars. Have not installed it yet, but will make sure to give a full review on them, as they are the first set in the US. I terms of power of the Type 25, my car already makes more than that car does.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey IV30

Your Spec C, what have u done to her. And for old times sake - Litchfield is one of the best modifier's in my mind.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But why?

Why did u even sell the Spec C for "The Bat", was it just because u liked the look and Mods of this 2003 STi...
or for some other reason like, "Brain Malfunction"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dont get me wrong "The Bat" is a very nice looking ride.
Is the reason for missing your Spec C the idea of how you could of modified it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just wondering, have you bought inlarged side fenders because the side of your wrx looks almost 22B style.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
maybe im a little biotch but when i saw that metallic silver paintjob on that type25 site back in the day i got a little well...excited!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts