Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evidently, Speedway Subaru, VW, Mazda. Ect in Indianapolis was sending some of its techs to the local SCCA Solo II events with cameras. Then if you went in for warranty work, and they had pictures of you competing, they would deny it because you were racing your car. I guess it didn't matter what was wrong with your car, they would not fix it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I keep hearing rumors like this and can't figure out how it's in the dealers interest to deny coverage unless it's obvious that it's been abused. With American car companies.. the local dealer service is PAID by the FACTORY to do warranty work. And if they have good techs (ones that can do work faster than the factory quota) they can actually do very well. I guess Subaru doesn't work this way? :confused:

Oh well.. hopefully I'll never need warranty service.

·
Registered
76 Posts
wow, I guess that membership application to the scca in the glovebox is just "bling" to SoA. "Here! your car is so baadass YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY ENTITILED TO VOID YOUR WARRANTY!:)"

I'm gonna try to get around the worty dird filter & just spell this this out:

FVCKTARDS

die evil turkey, die die.

grrr. soo mad, so mad.

j.p.

·
Registered
18,630 Posts
a2cpc said:
Evidently, Speedway Subaru, VW, Mazda. Ect in Indianapolis was sending some of its techs to the local SCCA Solo II events with cameras. Then if you went in for warranty work, and they had pictures of you competing, they would deny it because you were racing your car. I guess it didn't matter what was wrong with your car, they would not fix it.
Just goes to show you that the dealer just wants your money and just wants to sit and scratch their rumps. THey give us a free year to SCCA...for WHAT? TO WATCH?!?!

if my dealer did that to me and I went in for something and they denied me..you'd BET i'd smack em in the puss
-Stomp

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
a2cpc said:
Well that sucks! That's probably why they gladly give you that membership to the SCCA.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Easy Solution: Go to a different dealership. Tell everyone you know to go to a different dealership. When service revenue starts dropping, the dealer will know they've screwed up.

Call 1-800-SUBARU-3 and tell SOA exactly what this dealer has done. Despite what you all might think, SOA can be very reasonable when presented with calm, logical complaints.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I had heard of this having happened before.

The amazing thing is, people keep asking warranty questions e.g. will an MBC void my warranty? Damn, driving your car in a SCCA event will void your warranty!

X

·
Registered
18,630 Posts
a2cpc said:
Do you have a website for these cats? maybe we can all email them to 'remind them' how much they suck!
-Stomp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts