Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my wrx for a little over a month now(2017), winter is coming and I need snow tires. I live in NY(not city) but I work in the Bronx, and the potholes in the Bronx can literally swallow your car if you're not paying attention, I also go to Vermont during the winter. I went into a tire shop to purchase winter tires and I was interested in a larger Sidewall but the guy said he wouldn't change the tire size on a new car. I'm running stock rims for winter, I plan on using stock as my winter rim and I'll buy a new set for summer. Can someone maybe elaborate as to why the guy said he wouldn't increase the tire on a new car? He was also trying to sell me the only two types of tires he had in his warehouse for $240 a piece...

· Registered
124 Posts
Typical, try tire rack and shop around man, dont sattle for one shops price or opinion... congrats on the new car :thumbup:

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh trust me, I walked out when I heard that price. I had already gone on tirerack to see the prices... I also just spoke to tirerack about increasing sidewall and they said it can mess with the odometer/speedometer, and just to stick with stock tire/rim size.

and thanks NG

· Registered
154 Posts
You have the right idea, but if you want to increase the sidewall you really need to go down a size on the rims. There are some good inexpensive 17" rims that you can get mounted with snow tires and delivered to your door on Tire Rack for well under the price you were quoted for just the tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.