Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded my 2015 LRP WRX for a WRB 2018 STI.

Attachments

Reactions: TheJ

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
How you like it over the WRX?

·
23,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll let you know as I get more seat time. Break in period for now.

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
Nice car, Joe!

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
Congrats! Love the WRB on this body.

Silly question: are the fog lights under those CF grills?
No fogs on 2018.

Continues the tradition set by the late GC body.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Wait. I thought the GC had fogs under the covers on the bumper?

·
23,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to Subaru, the adaptive headlights cancels the need for fogs. So that hole in the cover actually directs air onto the brakes for better track cooling.

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
According to Subaru, the adaptive headlights cancels the need for fogs. So that hole in the cover actually directs air onto the brakes for better track cooling.
Can't imagine those new brakes really need too much external cooling.

Sounds like a bit of BS to me -- the adaptive headlights are totally 1990s. Finally Subaru has made it to that point.

·
Super Moderator
1,978 Posts
Sweeeeet! Congratulations

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Love the contrasting brake calipers. Great looking car!!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice color, great ride! I must say the 2018 grille and the wing add so much attitude to this car...

I am trying to hold out for 2020 but we'll see...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Unfortunately this is incorrect. the new hole in the cover goes in and straight up. It is cooling the LED headlights at most. I have heard theory that the LED lights with their fancy motors cause extra heat and need an airflow.
Can't imagine those new brakes really need too much external cooling.

Sounds like a bit of BS to me -- the adaptive headlights are totally 1990s. Finally Subaru has made it to that point.
Oh but they do. the 18 STI brakes are big and bulky, but they need some mods to get a reliable bite on the track.

As far as headlight effectiveness. the adaptive LEDs are good. I wouldn't call them great.

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Unfortunately this is incorrect. the new hole in the cover goes in and straight up. It is cooling the LED headlights at most. I have heard theory that the LED lights with their fancy motors cause extra heat and need an airflow.

Oh but they do. the 18 STI brakes are big and bulky, but they need some mods to get a reliable bite on the track.

As far as headlight effectiveness. the adaptive LEDs are good. I wouldn't call them great.
Bigger brakes have higher heat capacity and more surface area to bleed off heat.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,585 Posts
I like the wheels, the snout photo, and the brakes. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts