ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read most all i can about tuning...i decided to go Tatrix cable and then just need a recomendation of 2 or 3 good tuners for a nonmodded '12 WRX..
Another question is this..on Cobbs site it says there AP is not tracible when you go back to stock tune...is open source the same?? thanks Jeff

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Committing fraud isn't cool. People getting fraudulent claims filled make it more difficult for legitimate ones.

As for tuners, Eric @ Torqued Performance is popular among the 3G guys.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont know what you mean "commiting fraud" if i ask a question that says untracable. that isnt fraud....if a question is asked i would answer if truthfully...like saying you never have went over speedlimit and didnt turn yourself in.ha...no difference...i see on your mods you reflashed and that is messing with EPA regs and totally unlawfull..well dont want to start flames i just asked a question and no need to tell me whats lawfull...i'm old enough to know whats right and wrong...unless maybe i am talking your remark wrong??? thanks for the tuner....Jeff

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
On a 2012 WRX, if you ruin something that COULD be related to you having retuned the car, but you flash the stock tune back on there to cover your tracks, that is fraud if you're attempting to get warranty work done.

That's what he's saying. Unless you're going to commit to modifying your car and paying for the consequences yourself, you might want to wait.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well if its my fault i own up to it,,,were not like that here...and not saying its like that anywhere else....Just is said on this forum that it is dangerous {which i disagree} to run stock tune...and if i can up fuel milage and smooth out power band its not going to ruin my engine...in fact how many GOOD tuners do you know that have wrecked someones engine on a stock tune??? and dang that cable is not cheap at $169..i thought it was said in a few posts tha it was like $70..oh well,, i talked to tourqed and he was good with respones..Jeff

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
[QUOTE='12 WRX Premium]dont know what you mean "commiting fraud" if i ask a question that says untracable. that isnt fraud...if a question is asked i would answer if truthfully...like saying you never have went over speedlimit and didnt turn yourself in.ha...no difference...[/QUOTE]

The only people who would care about your ECU being reflashed would be Subaru, in the event that a claim comes in that could be attributed to said flash.

As for your comparison to speeding, it's not the same thing. A fraudulent warranty claim negatively impacts people.

[QUOTE='12 WRX Premium]Just is said on this forum that it is dangerous {which i disagree} to run stock tune...[/QUOTE]

Have you looked at dyno plots of the stock tune?

[QUOTE='12 WRX Premium]if i can up fuel milage and smooth out power band its not going to ruin my engine...in fact how many GOOD tuners do you know that have wrecked someones engine on a stock tune???[/QUOTE]

That's not the point. If your motor has some defect (where it would have let go stock or StageI/II) and you reflashed your ECU, it's reasonable for Subaru to attribute a motor claim as being caused by the aftermarket flash, and deny the claim.

[QUOTE='12 WRX Premium]dang that cable is not cheap at $169..i thought it was said in a few posts tha it was like $70..[/QUOTE]

The cable used to be cheaper. CANBus interface raised the cost.

If you want to save money, buy used. I got my 2.0 cable for $40.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jeez its to bad that some people know that one law broken is defferent than another...then who decides which law broken affects this or that person and not another. I really didnt, nor do i think others want to get into that discussion...if we just keep to the point on this and OTHER post's and not put personal MORALS that think some may abide by and not others{which there is no way to now from a question} want to follow, it would make all the noob and those that think there god in knowledge{and again dont take it personal}, out of the discussion. thanks for your Veiw..and when you say thats not the POINT..well the point is i didnt ask for any morals to be involved in the question or discussion....thats a place for preaching and again my church may not be your church...........if no one wants to offend anyone on here why does tis happen on so many posts on this forum??please dont answer this we have had enough.....Jeff

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
if no one wants to offend anyone on here why does tis happen on so many posts on this forum?
It's not about offending people, it's like this...
If someone comes on and is bragging about going 140mph on public roads, it might not directly affect me. The problem is that when I renew my insurance, and my premiums go up because my WRX is listed as a high risk vehicle, I attribute that to people going 140mph on public roads. So I may tell you "hey, going 140mph on a public road is stupid".

Same as warranty claims, if SOA percieves that people are trying defraud dealers for warranty claims, they may change their warranty which would affect all of us. So by you asking that question, you are implying that if something happened to your car and it needed warranty work, you would flash your car back to stock so the dealer couldn't tell that it was flashed.

On that same note, it SOA is paying out more claims that they see as legit when in fact it is paople causing harm to their vehicles in one way or another, they will be more likely to deny legit claims or at least scrutinize people more about their warranty work.

That's why you got that type of response from people

·
Registered
198 Posts
i think the point 12 wrx is trying to make is- it would suck to have to pay for something that broke on the car that is truely just a faulty part and has no part of an aftermarket tune causing the problem...i agree that cheating the system will in fact change the way subaru handles their warranty. i also feel that it was a simple question and didnt need all the negitive feed back. he simply asked if it was tracible... i feel the insurance part, i just bought my rex and had to put 637 dollars down for my insurance just cause its high risk, and i have no tickets/points on my record. can you say owch lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
insurance is where we are lucky ...here in ND the rates are lower and since we are like 55yrs the rates again go down especially with no tickets or accidents..and thanks for the support you are correct..jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts