Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been enjoying this car, but one thing I'm not a fan of is the feel of the shifter. By this I mean, when I'm shifting in and out of gears, it doesn't feel the smoothest. I guess I'm not sure how else to explain it. Is there some way I can improve this?

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Perrin Shift Stop and front/rear solid bushings

·
Registered
73 Posts
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
i bought the Perrin brass shifter bushing ($25) and the perrin shift stop ($45), both fairly easy and quick installs, both helped immensely especially with shifting into first/second. very minimal wiggle room/slop after the install

·
Registered
5 Posts
i bought the Perrin brass shifter bushing ($25) and the perrin shift stop ($45), both fairly easy and quick installs, both helped immensely especially with shifting into first/second. very minimal wiggle room/slop after the install
This^^ I just threw on the shift stop and bushing, as well as a short throw and 500gram flossy knob and dear lord it made the car feel amazing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did this, plus the short shift adapter by Perrin. Shifts are tighter, but when in gear, you will still get some up and down play. It tightens up horizontally, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would recommend getting the Perrin shift stop and the Perring shifter bushing as I have them both and it is a very noticeable difference. I would advice really paying attention when tweaking the shift stop and keep in mind that you will also be able to adjust the stock stop for 5th and 6th gear. I have a Perrin shifter adapter which I don't plan to use (i.e. it's for sale) because I purchased a Boomba STS with the Boomba shifter adapter. I love the feel with the Perrin parts and look forward to adding my new STS. I asked subiespeed if they suggested having the perrin shift adapter and the boomba STS and they said that having both is kinda overkill and makes it really really tight as opposed to a more smoother feel.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What STS did you go with?
My bad, been a busy week, moving to a new place in socal...
Anywho, I got the stock STi sts for free and honestly, after feeling a boomba.... let's just say an unexpected purchase was made because from what my gf will tell you (a piece that holds a bolt on is missing and I sent it back to get it replaced) I.e. I said #****this**** and took it off and am going to order the boomba; right now actually.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm running the STI Tuner STS with Perrin Shift Stop, and Kartboy bushings, made a helluva big difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm running the STI Tuner STS with Perrin Shift Stop, and Kartboy bushings, made a helluva big difference.

I think I'm going to invest in the bushings. It's honestly something I clearly overlooked, because they're not expensive. Is there a difference in feel or anything with the kartboy vs Perrin? Just curiosity really

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think I'm going to invest in the bushings. It's honestly something I clearly overlooked, because they're not expensive. Is there a difference in feel or anything with the kartboy vs Perrin? Just curiosity really

There's a difference in the shifter plates from Perrin, Kartboy, and Boomba. I think Kartboy has the most reduced throws, like 38%. Perrin and Boomba are 30% if I recall correctly. If you mean just bushing, there shouldn't be a noticable difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts