Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some good ass food I went out to get some gas with my friend and we decide to drive around a little bit to see what’s going on. Well there this GSR that I’ve raced from a roll from around 50 and he pretty much just starts to walk away. I’ve been waiting for a rematch and finally got it tonight.

I'm coming to a red light and see some allteza tail lights that are from a Integra and guess who it was, that’s right my friend. The roads were clear, no one in site. I pull next to him he turns and sees me and I give him a little rev to just make sure he knows I'm there and he confirms with a rev back. I see the other lights go yellow so I bring the revs up to around 4500 and are light goes green. The street was a little slanted and I rolled back about two feet so he had a jump on me. No problem, I slip my clutch real nice and I get that back plus a half by the end of first. Then I slam into second and jump almost another car on him. I was rounding out second and had about 3 cars on him and knew that after third he would probably start gaining hard on me, but no it didn't happen. The distance just kept slowly growing. Just to make sure I rode fourth out till 95 and had about 6-7 cars on him, and then I let off, as did he.

I slowed back down to the posted and he just stayed at my back. Were coming to another red that’s about to turn green and I knew he was going to try and fly by me, so I downed it into first at about 20. The light changes and I wait till I here him get on it, and almost on que he hits it, as do I almost instantaneously. I slowly started pulling away again, he saw that he just shut it down around 50, not even going to try. Still trying to be a good sport a throw him a thumbs up and smile at him and his girl. God it felt so good, I haven't had a race that good in awhile.

I have a COBB stage 1 and he had a intake, so it was a pretty good match up.

·
Registered
21,178 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
GSR is a highway car just like their big brother ITR. since you have an RS and you smoked him by over 6 cars, that's really good....

·
Registered
21,178 Posts

·
Registered
21,178 Posts
stevebennett said:
The former GSR driver's gettin a little defensive. jk
lol, not getting defensive, just putting the facts on the table... The GSR maybe a topend car, but Its not slouch in the 1/4, especially compared to an RS. Unless the GSR driver gave up or missed 2 different gears in a row, then theres no way a near stock RS is putting 6+ cars on a GSR. its just not logical.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
11 Posts
As a GSR owner I can vouch for our cars having an awesome top end from 5-6k on to 8k or so. 3rd gear is where we pull away making our way up to 85mph. Everytime we shift at redline our RPMs stay in VTEC going into the next gear.

·
Registered
21,178 Posts
Holy cow!!! this thread has been revived from the dead 2 times now :eek3:

ehhhh, Either way I still say the original poster was full of crap... Intake and exhaust RS is NOT going to pull 6+ cars on a GSR with the same mods. It would take one hell of a bad driver considering the GSR is faster in stock than the RS and this dude claims to pull 6+ cars ...unless the GSR driver missed 2 gears or something :confused1

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
295 Posts
Word. Thread revivals kick ass!

RS's are nothing near what the WRX is. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to race an RS when I had my GSR. I've yet to race an RS in my B16 civic hatch, either.

DTR rex said:
Holy cow!!! this thread has been revived from the dead 2 times now :eek3:

·
Registered
21,178 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Burnout said:
Yeh intake and exhaust, I have a RS.
What year RS. I had a 99.Intake and Exaust. My car was slow before I got the Avo turbo kit. You said six cars on a gsr :eek3: Doesn't the gsr come with 170hp. I know the RS comes with 160. :sadwave:

·
Registered
278 Posts
WRXceleration said:
As a GSR owner I can vouch for our cars having an awesome top end from 5-6k on to 8k or so. 3rd gear is where we pull away making our way up to 85mph. Everytime we shift at redline our RPMs stay in VTEC going into the next gear.

Your car has an "awsome top end?" Damn, they must be doing something to those GSR's..lol...my car has weak sauce top end and I always figured it was better than a GSR, but what do I know :p

·
Registered
21,178 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
DTR rex said:
:baaa:

with bolt on's and hondata you car shouldn't be "weak sauce" topend or you suck at driving. :p
Oh come on man, you don't really believe that a 98-100mph trap speed is awsome, do you? :)

Granted, I'm being slightly sarcastic here, but my car really doesn't have a glorious top end. I mean, get in an E46 M3, that's top end. And in the sceme of things, that's not even that fast.

Anyway, how can you suck at driving from a roll? :)

·
Registered
21,178 Posts
smokey said:
Oh come on man, you don't really believe that a 98-100mph trap speed is awsome, do you? :)

Granted, I'm being slightly sarcastic here, but my car really doesn't have a glorious top end. I mean, get in an E46 M3, that's top end. And in the sceme of things, that's not even that fast.

Anyway, how can you suck at driving from a roll? :)
100mph traps with a basic bolt on 4 cylinder is pretty impressive in my book. Its far from the fastest, but considered what kind of engine you are attaining the traps from plays a factor in how impressive it might be. My GSR with (i/h/e/im/clutch/flywheel, etc) had some good top end. I got my ass handed to me by an M3, WS-6, 540i, on the top end, but when you consider the fact that it was coming from an n/a 4cylinder with basic bolts on's its pretty good IMO
A 911T will trap at almost 120mph but look at the engine and how much it costs :eek3: so as you can see, its all relative. And yes, it is hard to suck at driving when racing from a roll, hence the "spit out tongue" smiley.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I passed an rs on the freeway tonight. I am hoping to get the wrx by the end of january (praise to the gods) but I have a 97 mirage ls and my factory specs say 115hp and 118lbs.tq and I have raced a buddy that has a gsr and he said he put a newish motor in like 2 months before and he had 175hp. I raced him from a dead stop and a 50-55 role and we stopped at around 90 to 100 both times and each time I ended up ahead by at least a car length or maybe even 2.

He had himself and his girl in the car which they both weigh like 120 or less and I had myself (174lbs) and 2 friends with me, one weighs like 140 and the other one weighs like 250. My car supposedly runs 16.5 stock from the factory but for some reason I can edge out cars that "should" beat me like gsr's, preludes, celicas, and other. I have no tach in my car and have always shifted when I thought I should by the sound of the engine so I dont know if that helps me in a race or not but blah. There is also this guy with a civic vtec and an si that tries to race me all the time and I end up beating him by about a car or 2 till 90 as well so I don't know maybe my car has some extra power I don't know about but it might explain how he pulled on that gsr pretty hard but maybe it was only like 4 cars not 6+.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.