Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomy Bit Char-G

Pick your car and start modding. These are affordable mini (thats the cool part) rc cars that can have up to 4 different frequencies so you and your friends car race. Suspension,tires,motor,bodies,driftaxles, and gears can be your mods. These are very affordable. Check out ebay.
Here is a site.
http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/TechieM....verture

Here is a video.
http://www.stomper4x4.com/minirc/bit/tomica.mpeg
Good for boring classes in school

The best part is that they are affordable!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I've always been quite amazed with those RC cars...hell is some ways, many of those RC cars are more advanced than a stock WRX....front and rear clutch type LSDs.....
Anyways, how much do RC cars(especially those fuel powered ones) generally go for? They seem like loads of fun, but I can't imagine spending lots of money while knowing the same cash could potentially make my car more fun to drive.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i was always into R/C growing up. my first cars were NiCd based. my starter car was the striker when i was 12. it topped out at about 45 mph. i had different tires and wheels for road/dirt applications. i snapped that chassis in two like 15 times. upgraded the suspension to gas filled, and put a higher output engine in it, but after the last chassis fracture, i sent her to the graveyard. this little bugger was only like $200. you had to assemble it too. (couple day project for a novice)

dad then bought "the frog" stock inverted gas filled suspension. aluminum front end and strut towers, graphite chassis, higher output engine etc. that thing was the bomb. hauled ass, jumped off anything, and even though the chassis was graphite, she took some good crashes. after that, i started growing out of the R/C scene unitl my 16 year old brother came of age. this thing was a little more $$. something like $250-$300

he now has a NiCd Supra with AWD, that is pretty cool. all road, no dirt, but very nice, and he just got a gas powered dune buggy. it's a little one cyl. w/ two valves, sponge based carberator. this thing is FAST. i've already broken the rocker arm an the strut tower once becasue she moves from 0-60 in like 1.5 seconds. nailed the curb like there was no tomorrow. he's put on newer struts on the front, but we're buying the aluminum ones (stock are thick plastic) he put a new header on it and a new exhaust pipe (sounds sweet, lots of incremental power increase). he also upgraded the glow plug to a higher heat rating. he's got three sets of wheels, OE billet white 5 points,

little thing is amazing. i'd buy another one, but if i had $450 dollars to spend on a gas r/c, i'd have a catless uppipe. :D

dR

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I got a Team Losi racing truck (similar to a desert (Baja) race truck, except the tires stick out from the sides for stability and suspension purposes. It was a blast putting that thing together! My brother bought a RC10 buggy. He got soooo mad the day I put black streaks up the body with my big tires (sort of used his car as a ramp). Anyway, a lot of fun. I would probably sell it all if someone was interested (I've got three sets of tires (I think plus other miscellaneous parts).

·
Registered
13 Posts
which is better?

Those look like fun , which one is the best the digiQ or the *****arger? I am leaning to the bit charger atm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts