Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.hi guys, im in albuquerque,nm, and very interested in the wrx.. i have heard multiple things about the imba discount, some say it does include the rex, some say it doesnt, anybody able to shed some light?
2. did anyone get the stereo upgrade/if so, can you comment on it
3. what can i expect to pay, is msrp the bottom line?

tia
lee

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did get the stereo upgrade (speakers & subwoofer/amp). The subwoofer was way too bassy as installed by the dealer. There are two adjustment screws on the Amp -- which permit the owner to adjust the output to his liking. I played with this and got it to sound great. I have read other WRX owners comment that the factory upgrade is not worth it -- relative to what components you can install after market. This is a personal choice. I like the factory upgrade. Some of my passengers have complimented the sound quality from this system. Good luck with your WRX! :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
The IMBA deal is for all Subarus, including the WRX. You have to have been an IMBA member for 6 months to take advantage of it.
The way it works is that you contact subaru, tell them what you want, then they ship it to the closest dealer to you. You never have to mess with those @$$holes at the dealership.

I wouldnt be surprised if the IMBA deal died around september though, since a ton of people signed up for IMBA in march (when the deal was announced) JUST to get the sube discount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts