ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trading in my Acura 3.2 CL Non Type-S for A 2002 Wrx because I like wrx a lot. There's one problem though. It is going to be real hard to switch from v6 to Inline 4? Am i gonna feel the same powers between the two? Thanx.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm not too sure what the numbers are for the 3.2CL. However, I don't think power is going to be an issue. The stock WRX is good for 227 HP & 217 ft/lb of torque. There are also a host of modifcations to bump that number skyward. A great place to start is a Cobb stage 1 reflash. IIRC, that's good for a little over 250 HP and you don't even get your hands greasy. :)
After that, an uppipe/downpipe & another reflash (stage II) should be good for a nice, reliable 280HP. From there, things start getting more expensive.

Also, before adding any more power, I would upgrade the brakes (SS lines, fluid, more aggressive pads), tires and swaybars.

In short, a WRX is MUCH quicker than a CL. I would think your primary concern would be fit & finish with the interior. The Acuras have a much more 'upscale' feel than a WRX.

Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dizzy said:
I'm not too sure what the numbers are for the 3.2CL. However, I don't think power is going to be an issue. The stock WRX is good for 227 HP & 217 ft/lb of torque. There are also a host of modifcations to bump that number skyward. A great place to start is a Cobb stage 1 reflash. IIRC, that's good for a little over 250 HP and you don't even get your hands greasy. :)
After that, an uppipe/downpipe & another reflash (stage II) should be good for a nice, reliable 280HP. From there, things start getting more expensive.

Also, before adding any more power, I would upgrade the brakes (SS lines, fluid, more aggressive pads), tires and swaybars.

In short, a WRX is MUCH quicker than a CL. I would think your primary concern would be fit & finish with the interior. The Acuras have a much more 'upscale' feel than a WRX.

Good luck with your purchase.

What do you mean by acuras have much more of an upscale feel than a wrx? Is the wrx still comfortable?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I know what he means. Yeah the wrx is still somewhat comfortable but has no where near the comfort or luxury of an acura. The wrx interior has much more of a plastic shakey feel to it, especially when you have no music and and hear all the rattles. I'm not trying to say it's a POS or something, but it just won't feel as solid.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The best thing to do is go for an extended test drive. Leave the radio off & drive around a while to see if you can see yourself driving the car on a daily basis.

The WRX interior is by no means cheap, but it's not as nice as an Acura, Audi, BMW, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons from buying it at the dealer and the pros and cons from a private seller thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
you would probably want to go through a dealer because 90% of the people with these cars launch at every stop sign. I'm not saying all the dealers are better, but it would probably be easier to find a more trustworthy buy there. Not to mention if you wanted warranty or not

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wonder if it's possible for a dealer to sell me a wrx for 15 or 16 since my trade-in value is $13,600 and and my finance i owe is $8000 so if i get it 15 all i need to do is finance 10. Unless i could get it to drop even more.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Now, now, lets not scare off a potential convert. I'm all about giving props to Subaru over any Honda built car.

It has a horizontally opposed boxer engine, not an inline-4.

One thing I learned very quickly when I purchased the car was that it is a loud MFer. I don't mean loud engine (at least on the stock end of the spectrum), I mean road noise. It didn't change my mind that it is still a bada$$ ride, it just kind of caught me off guard. This after I purchased the vehicle. I think I was so enamored with buying the car, I didn't notice a few of the fine details.

Aside from the roadnoise, not a thing I would change.

I just did a quickie search in the Seattle, WA area. I think the lowest one I saw was over $17k.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
UURX02 said:
you must not go out much :cool:

do a poll and ask the same question:

How many of you launch at every stop light and stop sign you see?

1. all the time
2. sometimes
3. barely ever

see how many 1's u get :screwy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the reply guys but my mom decided to not let me trade in the acura Cl because she doesn't like me driving manual. Until next spring or summer i will get it for sure :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Did you not see any auto WRXs for sale? ;)

·
Registered
746 Posts
how old are you? I don't like to discriminate but a wrx should not be your first performance car. its not that it is hard to drive but it can get you into trouble if you dont pay attention to what you are doing. and if this is going to be your first manual transmission car then you would be wise to test drive and see if you can handle the shoddy syncros they are nowhere near as smooth as my old celicas tranny. sometimes I miss that car. =(

but then I go up magnoila road and remember why this car loves dirt. :wiggles:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts