ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in my aps s/r56 turbocharger, 850cc fuel injectors, and 255L fuel pump. The map I put on the car for the mean time before I get it protuned limits the rpm to 5k, -7 degrees of timing, and limit the boost to 14 psi.

The problem I have I noticed when I was trying to pass a truck. I was in
4th gear and in slowly went to 5psi then 10, then to about 14psi...directly afterwards it shot up to 25+psi and it scared the sh** out of me:eek:. Its not suppose to do this. Can anyone tell me why this might be happening????:confused:

Thank You guys in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
you're driving around on a basemap - and apparently it's not as safe as you thought

I would stop driving the car and have it protuned

If nothing else - stay out of boost

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you're driving around on a basemap - and apparently it's not as safe as you thought

I've been staying out of boost and if I absolutely have to speed up for any odd reason I don't go anything past 10psi...

I would like to know whats causing it to spike like this

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
I've been staying out of boost and if I absolutely have to speed up for any odd reason I don't go anything past 10psi...

I would like to know whats causing it to spike like this
The map isnt tuned for your car. Thats whats causing it.

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its suppose to be for my car... I got it from a tuner. I gave him a list of every part thats in the engine. So im confused:confused:. Do you think it has anything to do with the wastegate actuator??? just a thought. It has to be something vacuum right??? another thought..
Let me know what you think...

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
Its suppose to be for my car... I got it from a tuner. I gave him a list of every part thats in the engine. So im confused:confused:. Do you think it has anything to do with the wastegate actuator??? just a thought. It has to be something vacuum right??? another thought..
Let me know what you think...
Just because you gave him a list of parts in no way means the map is even close to what your car needs. All he can do is guestimate a baseline. Obviously, he wasnt even close.

What he shoulda done is cut boost entirely in the map he sent until you can get protuned.

There are way too many variables for us to even wager a guess what is out of calibration in your map.

Quite simply, you have a bad map.

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

:sadwave:

Trust in Micah

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I knew there were a lot of variables, but just wondering if anyone could throw out ideas. Thanks anyways guys

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I knew there were a lot of variables, but just wondering if anyone could throw out ideas. Thanks anyways guys
Ideas? Three people just told you its the map. You cannot tell someone info about your car and get a map that runs great. You need to have it on a dyno, so they can make the tiny adjustments and tune it to YOUR car, and its results on the dyno. NOT by your word. That is why.
/thread

1 - 11 of 11 Posts