Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bring my car in to the dealer because the gas station pump screwed up the ECU mapping. The gas station pump overfilled my tank, and once I started driving it, the ECU thought it was on empty. It started to stutter and idle was rough. So limped it back to the dealer to have them take a look and fix it. Sure, I'm ok with that...said my thanks and left. They also had told me that they needed to finish off the cars from appointments first before they can work on my car. Sure...fine...fix it. Thanks.

They said I needed an oil change...sure. That's good. I just changed my oil at 4000miles ago with Mobil 1, but they didn't know that.

Anywoo, I get my car back today and I check how many miles they put on it. 36miles!!! I've worked on cars before myself and it f'n doesn't take 36miles to "test" a bad remapped ECU. Give me a f'n break man. I'm pissed that they allow these guys to drive customers cars that many miles!!! Seriously, it'll take at most 5-10miles of driving to complete your diagnostics and service. 36miles is EXCESSIVE!

I hate dealers. I'm filing a complaint.

-LostLamb
Matt

·
Registered
649 Posts
They probably put it out on the lot and let people test drive it...

You're right 36 miles is a lot of miles. Is your car modded and even more fun to drive than stock? Definitely complain!

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
That sure is a lot of miles! Wow, I know that I would be pissed off if something like that happened to me. Who are you going to complain to?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
junaitari said:
They probably put it out on the lot and let people test drive it...

You're right 36 miles is a lot of miles. Is your car modded and even more fun to drive than stock? Definitely complain!
Nope...no mods on my Z3 Coupe. Just a short shifter and clutch stop. All stock. So it's no different from any other one on the lot!!!

-LostLamb

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trailboss516 said:
That sure is a lot of miles! Wow, I know that I would be pissed off if something like that happened to me. Who are you going to complain to?
Well for starters, I'm going to complain to their service manager, and if that doesn't work, I'm going to BBB.

36miles...come on...that's uncalled for.

-LostLamb
Matt

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have had different problems with my dealership but you should DEFINETLY complain to the service manager. Tell them you are not planning on coming back unless they give you some soret of incentive to come back and that it won't happen again. If that does not work go to the manager of the entire dealership. Then if that doe not get you nay results, call SOA. I had problems at with my service dept and I took it to the service manager and corporate Subaru.

·
1,377 Posts
str said:
Then if that doe not get you nay results, call SOA. I had problems at with my service dept and I took it to the service manager and corporate Subaru.
"Nope...no mods on my Z3 Coupe. Just a short shifter and clutch stop. All stock. So it's no different from any other one on the lot!!!

-LostLamb"

I don't think SOA will care about his problems with a BMW dealership service center. :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good eye good eye. :D
I didn't specify a particular dealer. But, yes...it's a BMW dealership that's causing me grief.

-LostLamb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts