ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone...im look for little mods to boost my turbo up to at least 20 psi before i put on a front mount intercooler. so far im thinking of up pipe, down pipe, midpipe, exhaust, new fuel pump, etc... anyone got any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Are you still on the stock turbo? If you are, there's really no point in pushing it past 16.5 as it will be well past it's efficency range, plus you will need new injectors anyways as the stock ones are pretty much maxed out as it is at stock boost levels.

To your list, add:
-Larger Turbo
-Injectors
-Engine management

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
EJpiston power said:
lol yea dude...im still stuck on my turbo.
Stock turbo + 20psi = Boom!

You really shouldnt push the turbo past 16.5psi as vitamin said. Any thing over this point tends to push the turbo past its efficiency range and will inevidably break it.
if you are still on stock boost, push it to 16.5psi but nothing more.

the best way to go about this is to upgrade the turbo. If you want a conservative setup without having to worry about the tranny as much, a good setup to add would be: vf34, injectors, AP. Utec will give you more results, but requires more tuning and if you are going to go with a vf30 or 34 the access port would be a good choice.
With this setup you can expect numbers near 260+whp

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Like it was mentioned, if you are on stock turbo there is no need for a FMIC or fuel pump. I would also go with engine management to raise the boost levels. If you are planning on a larger turbo you will need engine mgmt anyway so why not start modding the safest way.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea...im going to upgrade the tubro as well. ill probably go for the VF34 cause it doenst cost an arm and a leg...but good idea as far as the ecu..since it'll be upgraded anyways might as well do it now. im lookin at the Link 44-S upgrade, but it is alittle much so i cant get it say tomorrow or anything

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
if your getting the vf34, then go with the accessport. it doesn't give the most powerful map, but it is very easy to plug and play and a very reliable setup imo. cost you about $600.

·
Registered
656 Posts
if you know what you are doing, and why you are doing it, the oem td04-13g works quite well at pressure ratios ~2.5 or so in the midrange rpms. in other words, 20psi manifold pressure. obviously it runs out of breath at redline, but i still get over a bar (15-16psi) at 7k.

timing is 16* in the midrange, 31* on top, mafv is a solid 4.3v from 5200 rpms all the way to 7k+. with all that air i was running my injectors pretty much static while shooting for 11:1 on 93 octane so i bumped up my rail pressure 15psi (for a total of 4 bars [59] vs 3 [43]), which brought down IDC to the mid to high 90s... not ideal, but at least not static.. and the car pulls like a mofo--CERTAINLY harder than your average stage 2 car. no knocking either, even with the thresholds set 5 units more sensitive across the board.

but then again, i hear stuff like "Stock turbo + 20psi = Boom!" and i wonder if it's all in my head! :D

ken

ps. don't try this at home... unless of course you know what you are doing, and why you are doing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts