Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I finally got mine. Silver. Nice. Can't behave but trying real hard though.
Anyways, I have a question: tinted windows. I've seen a silver BMW and a silver Audi here in Fresno, CA with silverish tinted windows. You guys, it was so tight!!! It doesn't seem to look good on an other color but on silver, it's nice. Where, how, who should I ask for advice? Thanks.

Ticrab, WRX by Nature.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome
enjoy the car and the forum.

never seen silver tinted windows. i guess your best shot would be go to a shop that tints windows and ask for their advice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not silver as a mirror or chrome, it's like the windows of some buildings, silverish if you know what I mean. It sucks because I've been surfing the web like crazy and couldn't find any link or pictures. I've seen 2 cars with that tinting but that's about it. It was SO nice. If anybody knows anything or a good link on the web, jsut send it this way. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's called a metallic tint. Actually works better at reflecting heat away from your car, the dark tint is pigment based and absorbs the light/heat. I have the dark pigment based tint on mine and it works well with the black trim on the car.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Cruise through the Photo Gallery. In there somewhere is some pictures of a silver WRX with silver tint and its parked in a car port. Get his name and PM him.

Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts