ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm coming to Boston.

Friday 20th-Sunday 22nd.

5 people staying in a 2 person apartment.

Lots of BMX biking.

Gusto eat yourself (or come riding/skating with us if you can stand it).

Let me know if you guys are gonna be around.

I won't have my WRX, though.

Oh yeah, and that guy you hang around with, WRC_obsessed, he can come too :tongue: just kidding Brian!

EDIT: weather.com says rain for all 3 of those days. great. might not come if its going to rain the whole time

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
dude!! i'll be in jersey that weekend cancel and come another weekend and i'll drive out to the boston area.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I'll be in Boston on Saturday for the meet...

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. Weather depending of course

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
dark_rex said:
i can't wait to see you josh. :) let's have beer.
Damn straight beer!!!

If it rains I think I will move the F1 meet to the indoor track so it should be going on regardless.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Trailboss said:
Oh yeah, and that guy you hang around with, WRC_obsessed, he can come too :tongue: just kidding Brian!
d!ck

:tongue: :wiggles:

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I hope the weather shapes up because I'm looking forward to hitting some of the spots we didn't get to film at last time/got kicked out of last time...so there are some high hopes for this trip.

I dont have any of your cellphone numbers either, so I'll just shout your names really loud.

By the way I'm 20 and my ID got taken recently :(

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Trailboss said:
Well, I hope the weather shapes up because I'm looking forward to hitting some of the spots we didn't get to film at last time/got kicked out of last time...so there are some high hopes for this trip.

I dont have any of your cellphone numbers either, so I'll just shout your names really loud.

By the way I'm 20 and my ID got taken recently :(
The weather is looking like scattered thunderstorms on Sat and partly cloudy on Sun.

Right now we are shooting to still head to outdoor F1 on Sat.

Sucks that your ID got taken.

Where exactly are you staying? Is it right in Boston?

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, we're staying right in boston at a friend's apartment. 1 bedroom, 1 bed, 1 couch, 5 people. :eek3:

And we're taking the minivan, so no wrx worries

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
PM and let me know where you are staying. You may be staying around the block from me. :D

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Trailboss said:
Yes, we're staying right in boston at a friend's apartment. 1 bedroom, 1 bed, 1 couch, 5 people. :eek3:

And we're taking the minivan, so no wrx worries
i know a couple good parks that are pretty new. one's in lexington by the high school. cool ramps and grindy stuff.

the other's in waltham, same stuff. mini-pool like thingers all over the place.

dR

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike:

We're going street riding, so skateparks aren't an issue. Thanks for the heads up, though :D

The places we've flimed so far, I bet if I show you them, you'll know every one of them.

Mass General hospital banks (RIP - heard they tore them down, glad we got footage in when we did)
Some Medical center with big marble ledges going down
the Best Buy with the slanted ledge out front near Fenway
all up and down commonwealth ave
MIT
crossing the bridge into Cambridge all over there

so many spots in boston, i cant wait to go back :D

WRC_Obsessed and Dark_rex I PM'ed you my cell #.

I'm acutally coming up late late late thursday night after work, so I'll probably roll in w/ friends around 3am and we might hit a night session.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
I would say that the absolute sickest thing I have seen in a BMX vid from Boston was some guy riding a ledge in Government Center.

This ledge is on the triple set of stairs heading from Gov Center to Faneuil Hall. The guy rode from the top of the stairs to the end of the triple set. The drop on the left at the top is somewhere around 50-60ft iirc.

They have since strategically put up a big metal sign at the bottom of the ledge.

Something I found that is interesting. I am sure you guys are aware of this.

http://www.skateparks.com/press/images/Skaters_Edge.pdf

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
yeah tehres tons of street goodies in the city. and all so close to each other!!!

they did rip down the volcanos at the hospital...everyones bummed for sure

come to the meet on saturday!

i doubt ill be able to skate since my brother is in town and doesnt skate. plus i really can only skate bowls anymore as ive lost most all street ability (and any desire to skate it anymore, which sucks)

i have no cell so i have no number to give out.

come out on saturday!

anyways PM me if you need info on the better parks in the area if you get rained out.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Lt. Boom Stick said:
R we all gettin together for drinks on Friday.
Yeah, we need beer on Friday night. Trailboss doesn't have an ID so I don't know if anyone has connections at a bar (mine are all long gone) or we want to meet up at someone's place and throw a few back. Mine's open. :D

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
gusto said:
yeah tehres tons of street goodies in the city. and all so close to each other!!!
I used to ride a ton of stuff in the city on my DH rig, mostly big drops though.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts