ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my gf's VW 1.8t GTI and I had the windows down (it was mid-afternoon). She bought it about 3 weeks ago but I've never been in it during the day, oddly enough, so the windows have always been up...As we cruised through town I didnt notice anything special but then we turned onto this back road and she got on it a little bit and I realized I could hear the turbo!! I was so pumped up. I LOVE the sound!! I never thought you could hear the stock turbo w/ NO mods!! :eek:

/thinks harder about getting a wrx, again... :eek:

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
well, YEAH!!!
subliminal message rings in your head

'GET A WRX...GET A WRX'

you will hear this in your head for days. it will bug you until you bring your butt to Subaru and sign.

NOW if ONLY we could get more sounds of turbos rather than fart cans around town.

·
Registered
353 Posts
thats all people comment on with me. when driving in traffic, or they will be next to me, its always questions on the turbo whistle and the bov. i have that huge ass txs dp, and all u hear in low rpm when next to some one is the turbo spool.. its so great.

·
Banned
953 Posts
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think turbo spool sound's appeal is limited. I have an Injen CAI and it makes the turbo spool so loud it borders on annoying. It's fun unless I'm trying to listen to music, talk, etc.

At least it's better than my Civic. My aftermarket exhaust sounded like I had tin cans dragging behind the car.

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
You should hear the turbo spool on a stock SRT-4. It is much more audible than a stock WRX. Sometimes I get on the gas just to hear the spool. And I have been told that if you get a CAI(which I am not), you will hear the turbo spool another 100% more.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
You should hear the turbo spool on a stock SRT-4. It is much more audible than a stock WRX. Sometimes I get on the gas just to hear the spool. And I have been told that if you get a CAI(which I am not), you will hear the turbo spool another 100% more.

You and your fancy SRT-4 bragging all the time :rolleyes:

But on a serious note what is the price difference between the 4 and the wrx. I have been thinking of ditching the AWD and just go with the SRT. If the price is a few thousand less I guess I could go for it. I cant find any of those little suckers laying around used.

I wonder with some snow tires how'd they do there also?:confused1

·
Registered
19,615 Posts

But on a serious note what is the price difference between the 4 and the wrx. I have been thinking of ditching the AWD and just go with the SRT. If the price is a few thousand less I guess I could go for it. I cant find any of those little suckers laying around used.

for what? i bet you good money that you'd miss the AWD
not to mention the fact that a dodge won't last you a decade.
(more like 80k)
and...the wrx/sti is just that damn sexy.
the only dodge you can say that about is the Viper
(and judging by the way you are talking....you don't wanna/can't shell out the 80g's)

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts

Sorry for bragging so much. I am just really happy with my SRT at the moment. But if I could afford an STi, I would have one instead in a second.

AWD>FWD. And if you live in snow country, I would stick to the AWD. It is sooooo easy to light up the front tires with all of this torque, STOCK on pavement. So I could just imagine how it would be in the snow.

Sorry for going off topic.

I wish my car could make the compressor "wup wup wup" that the Supras make after they spool up after each gear. They sound sooooo cool.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
that was one of the things that made me go for the WRX... the AWD, and mainly because of where I live. I mean, North East + high performance car usually means, you're buying a beater for the winter ... screw that, too much hassle trying to maintain two cars, and insurance and taxes... fo'get abou'd it

However, I'd hit an SRT4 and the VW too... they're nice.. Just thought that the WRX was the best choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts