Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, enuff is enuff - when I bought my WRX I didn't realize that it was putting me in an exclusive boys club. Yes I'm female, yes I drive stick and yes I OWN my WRX...it is NOT my husbands! Why do you guys feel the need to constantly male bond...I drive my car everyday and yet not once have I had other cars honk and ask me about her, not once have I had them give me the thumbs up yet my hubby takes the wheel w/me as passenger and all of a sudden I'm in another world. I get out - I look at the car - its the same f--ing car I drove 10 minutes ago; flooring her just the same. Guys, get with it - not all girls like to keep their hands clean...not all read girly magazines and go to "tearjerker" movies...some of us appreciated Gone In 60 Seconds for its fine vehicles...some of us enjoyed Fast & Furious for the adrenaline rush and yes some of us would like to be recognized for our good taste in fine vehicles and talk "car talk". Eh, I can stare and oooh and aaah just as good as any guy. God help me next year when I plan to get my bike...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
thats funny, when i see a girl driving a WRX i often contemplate trying to follow her home :p. if kate (attack78) wasnt away i know i'd get a reply from her on that one... haha. she is away, isnt she?
really though, i dont understand that... most WRX owners i know are psyched about the few females who are driving WRXs.
o-|-<) bryan
p.s. in fact if you didnt have a husband i'd probably be trying to PM you right now :D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It's become instinct...

I stopped honking and waving at girls driving WRX's (and most around my town are driven by women) since I never got any reaction but a look that said "Oh my God I think he's going to try to rape me!"

In fact, I was in the passenger seat on a recent trip and the car next to us was throwing sparks up like mad. We pulled up alongside and it was a girl driving. I could see that the shield under the engine had come unfastened and was dragging on the ground, throwing sparks all down the underside of her car. It was making a terrible noise too. I rolled down the window and started waving and pointing at it, and she completely ignored me. Refused to even look :rolleyes:

Almost all of the guys I've seen driving WRX's wave/honk back, or at least smile and nod. :cool:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Like the rest of em said when most of us try to show respect to girls in nice cars they misidentify it as trying to hit on them and stare directly ahead so we just give up.

veteq said:
some of us appreciated Gone In 60 Seconds for its fine vehicles...some of us enjoyed Fast & Furious for the adrenaline rush
I had a lot of respect for you until the Fast and Furious comment.
:rolleyes: Adrenaline Rush!?!?!?!, but I guess to each their own:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
hmm... if i saw a girl i dont think id wave either... just probably bc my mind thinks a girl is probably not an enthusiast as likely to wave back as a guy is. maybe its wrong, but its still the way it is for me :(

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
wo... you guys have some pretty disappointing answers. sometimes i dont wave until i see the other person waving, but i usually just wave to everyone. and believe me... coming from boulder, colorado i see the most diverse mix of WRX drivers in the country (read: soccer moms like whoa)
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
<--------- hit on girl in a wrb 02 wrx

when i had my sedona i pulled up next to a hottttt girl started talking to her impressed by her choice in cars, she kinda knew about it then i tried to catch the #'s and she jetted off...little did she know that loud noise was my exhaust as i stormed by her. hehe if u can't get em dust em.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm with Bryan. I think that it is awesome to see girl/women driving any type of sports car. Bryan, yes Kate is now in Cali. She drives an auto wrx and has done some mods on her car herself. I think that is awesome. Sorry that you haven't gotten the respect that the boyz are given. Maybe, you should move to Colorado. We give props to all Subie lovers!

Ronin
:D

·
Registered
287 Posts
no offense im a guy and lets seeee ive been driving subarus since about a year:p so what not that long but still ive had two types the legacy and impreza and not one wave. I try to be nice to other ones but they shrug me off as dog poopie. and trust me if i saw a girl driving a wrx and i mean driving id chase you down and talk to you, its just what i do:D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: It's become instinct...

Wade-0 said:
I stopped honking and waving at girls driving WRX's (and most around my town are driven by women) since I never got any reaction but a look that said "Oh my God I think he's going to try to rape me!"
Thats funny, you must have that look about you. :)

I have yet to see a girl driving a Rex. When I do, I will wave.

·
Banned
29 Posts
If their smart enough to own a WRX their welcome in any club I'm in. However, any club that would sink low enough to have me as a member, I would'nt join.

Viva Supremo

·
Banned
968 Posts
On a side note, have any pics?

·
Registered
70 Posts
well.. i've seen two heavily modified WRXs(at least bodykits and exhaust) with female drivers not driving like typical girls here two days ago.

i was really busy trying to keep up with her in traffic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have to agree with everything she said! Theres nothing we can do though cept suck it up and prove people wrong. Im always out driving around and no one ever waves or bothers noticing my car, but the mintue my best friend, who is a guy, drives it, everyone starts REVing their engine and messin around. And going to the track on weekends, ALWAYS an adventure. Dont get me wrong, i know why some guys are surprised by girls with nice cars, not very many of them do or if they did wouldnt know what to do with it, or like someone said before, could even be a boyfriends or husbands. Guys, just a lil more credit, and a lil less on the ego, please?? Theres not too many of you giving a hard time though which IS nice, but the ones who do are pretty harsh. Just chill, you could be amazed ;)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
veteq said:
All right, enuff is enuff - when I bought my WRX I didn't realize that it was putting me in an exclusive boys club. Yes I'm female, yes I drive stick and yes I OWN my WRX...it is NOT my husbands! Why do you guys feel the need to constantly male bond...I drive my car everyday and yet not once have I had other cars honk and ask me about her, not once have I had them give me the thumbs up yet my hubby takes the wheel w/me as passenger and all of a sudden I'm in another world. I get out - I look at the car - its the same f--ing car I drove 10 minutes ago; flooring her just the same. Guys, get with it - not all girls like to keep their hands clean...not all read girly magazines and go to "tearjerker" movies...some of us appreciated Gone In 60 Seconds for its fine vehicles...some of us enjoyed Fast & Furious for the adrenaline rush and yes some of us would like to be recognized for our good taste in fine vehicles and talk "car talk". Eh, I can stare and oooh and aaah just as good as any guy. God help me next year when I plan to get my bike...
Like many have already stated, I think many would find it a turn on that women have an interest in cars. Having said that, many men would also be unwilling to accept that a woman can drive better than they do...but that's a different issue. With guys, there are many different levels of car enthusiasm in my opinion. There are the adrenaline junkies who feel the need to zip around to fulfull their egos. There are the newspaper reciters who seemingly become an authority on cars whenever it's F1 weekend or a car movie comes out and they read the morning paper with tidbits of cartalk. Along with this group includes those who become a rally connoisseur only after the Impreza WRX came to North America. Then there are the breds of hardcore enthusiasts....among which love the smell of gasoline, would sit in a car(not running) and spend hours finding the perfect driving position, ....

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
good car...would wave b/c of the car regardless of the person driving.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Re: Re: It's become instinct...

droogie said:
Thats funny, you must have that look about you. :)
What gave me away, the drool, or the sweat? :p :eek: :p

I must say, it's not for a lack of trying. Right after I got my 2.5RS, I honked and waved at every Subaru I saw. When I got the WRX, I felt a little more reserved and only honked/waved at fellow WRX drivers. So I've had my fair share of encounters, and I just don't ever get a response from the women. Of course I do live in the only city in Oregon that recognizes gay/lesbian life partners :eek:

...And now that I'm going to be a married man in less than 2 weeks I have to keep the excitement to myself ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks WRX02chic (Jessica) for the support. Maybe I'll have to start taking the initiative and start waving at anyone who looks like a car enthusiast. By the way should I ever be lucky enuff to bump into one of you guys...keep in mind I love my car and I've been watching rallys and F1 for a good 13yrs...I'm not to be taken for a part time enthusiast

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
I usually don't wave to WRX girls for 2 reasons:

1)Most girls in cars around here react negatively to people waving and shouting out of car windows; they think it's a ******* coming on to them, so they studiously ignore you.

2)When I first got into cars, there were VERY few girl enthusiasts about. I guess I got used to the idea that a girl in a fast car really has no idea what she has.

Intellectually, I know that this is not true in today's world; so don't be offended! Last week I met a female enthusiast at a Nasioc meet here in Charlotte. She's from Atlanta, and drives a Black/gold STi. She was talking cars with the best of them! It was really cool...

Ray

1 - 20 of 77 Posts