ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some marks on the back of my bumper that go all the way to the black from a sad incident of me backing out of a dark parking lot. SO I thought I'd try to save myself a few hundred bucks and try to touch up the black spots and just live with it not being exactly perfect.

Well, first off the touch up paint doesnt really look like it matches the bumper all the way, I got platinum silver from subaru and it seems to be a shade or two darker than my bumper. So even from far away you can see the area I filled in.

Second, I did the whole thing with sanding the black area and sanding the painted part with some fine grit sandpaper. Afterwards I applied some 3M rubbing compound. After it was all smoothed out, there seems to be these faint white marks next the areas I was working. I dont know what it is, but if i just wipe it, it will go away but within a few seconds it comes back! Anyone else had this problem or have advice for me or am I simply an idiot who cant use touch up paint on a car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts