Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I'd like to see someone make a few of those, build a mock rally diorama or model or something like that. If i had the time/creativity, I would probably do it.

Side note: Go Pleo!!!!
LOL

-Josh

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hehehe. Very cool, wrxwookies. :cool: I can't in good conscience do this at work. But at home, think I'll print out that IMPLEZA :) , paste it to cardboard , break out the x-acto knife and then revive the lost art of "Insert Tab A into Slot B."

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks for the Avatar

wrxwookies,

Funny, I tried printing out the IMPLEZA this morning to build the model and my printer gagged on it for some reason. I'll give it another shot, but meantime - thank you for the avatar idea. Whaddya' think - can you tell what it's supposed to be ? Shrinking to 180 pixels kind of put the hurt on the image.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Thanks for the Avatar

ScoobySteve said:
thank you for the avatar idea. Whaddya' think - can you tell what it's supposed to be ? Shrinking to 180 pixels kind of put the hurt on the image.
You're welcome ScoobySteve! I can tell what it is but yeah shrinking it down definitely put a hurtin' on it =)

-=Brian=-

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just spent the past hour and a half here at work trying to do one of these....The blue STi one.....Yeah, it came out like crap.....I was all carefull cutting it out and stuff with a box cutter, and while I was bending to make it all go together....the stupid ink from the laser printer started coming off the cardstock and ruined it! :( Oh well, killed some time atleast......only 3 more hours to go....YEAH! :(

·
Registered
907 Posts
thats cool scoobysteve heres what i did on my spare time. It sucks, but something to share.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Paper Competition for our WRX ?

wrxwookies excellent post has kind of piqued my interest in this. Went searching for other rally cars which could match up in scale with the Subaru models. Not much. Here's a very cool German website. Nothing rally-related except a couple of Paris-Dakar trucks, but some amazingly complete coverage of the German Touring Car series, (including the transporters !).

http://www.racepaper.de/akt.htm

This is all I could find so far in the way of paper rally cars, this Dutch rallycross site:

http://www.rallyracing.nl/starte.htm

Not too much of a selection, mostly Seat and Focus. Here's a Focus I built:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Those are all just too amazing. Thanks for the links! Now, to just find the time. Just like the actual car, I have to customize the design first aka wheels and stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
That German site is way cool. They do have an old Audi Rally car.

The coolest is this chassis model with functional suspension and steering!!

http://www.racepaper.de/aktuell.htm

·
Registered
178 Posts
wrxwookiees said:
check this out! Enjoy! =)

-=Brian=-
I know I'm bored at work presently, so will definitely print them out using our Colur Laser printer here ($7.00 a sheet).

They look so cool!

Thanks wrxwookiees.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: Re: if you're bored at work

Aust-WRX said:

I know I'm bored at work presently, so will definitely print them out using our Colur Laser printer here ($7.00 a sheet).

They look so cool!

Thanks wrxwookiees.
Check ResQDawg3's post though. The ink from laser printers tends to smear. For some reason, the old inkjet style printers do this sort of thing better.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
That's cool. Didn't is2scooby post something similar a while back?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts