·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Good deal. Thanks for the share!

Unfortunately, nothing for the 6-speed :sadwave:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I'm always weary of things like that. Never understand why they'd sell off old clutches just because they are old. At some point they will sell it. It's not like they go bad just sitting there. Kinda makes me think knock off or something isn't right with that certain batch. It's kinda like drinking the $1 beers. I stopped drinking them years ago because they are usually bad somehow and the next day after just having one I'll be puking. lol I have always been a huge believer in you get what you pay for.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
2.0Rs said:
It's kinda like drinking the $1 beers. I stopped drinking them years ago because they are usually bad somehow and the next day after just having one I'll be puking.
A bar by my work sells $1 drafts. I've never had that issue...

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I'm always weary of things like that. Never understand why they'd sell off old clutches just because they are old. At some point they will sell it. It's not like they go bad just sitting there. Kinda makes me think knock off or something isn't right with that certain batch.
its an old model number.
The linked sale is for a model 1000502, ACT is currently selling the 3000502 for that application. The current model has yellow painted springs and 16 friction pads, the one in that deal has steel (unpainted) springs and 24 smaller friction pads. ACT must have done a redesign over the years, and they are selling off the ones of the old design at a discount. Kind of like how you might be able to get a good deal on a 2011 WRX new from a dealer this month...it also will not be 'going bad' but is the old model.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Its not about going bad its the fact that if a part sits on your shelf it has an obsolescence. You are paying for that part to sit on your shelf and especially after it already supersceding to a new number, its purely something they arent packaging up and selling with new kits. After awhile you cut your losses and move on to parts that move.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
In the automotive industry when there is a new part that supersedes another part it's generally for the better. Maybe a design flaw, the new design just makes much more sense, or durability. A lot of the times the old part won't work with the new designed things. I don't think that's the case here since they are most likely running the same designed pressure plate but a lot of the times if you get one updated part you have to get a few. If it works out for you that's great. I was just saying I'm not a fan of "leftovers".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts