Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey y'all,

at the meet last night some of you had talked about going to a rally cross or an ice race. well, they just posted the dates for the first three ice races.

there isn't much info on it at the moment but i'm sure that they will have directions and cost and all that fun fine print up soon.

i know i'm going...

Rally Cross Site

-mark
pgt #86 (last years rally-x #)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rally Baby

I will be there on Sun. I noticed that they have not updated the schedule on the rally x site so if anyone needs it, I might be able to post it. I went to four of the rallies last year and had a great time(wish I would not have gotten pulled away on fires). All of the participates are cool. :D :thumbup: Lets get the SCOBIES TOO UNITE and make a crazy presents.:p :cool: :eek:

RALLY ON
I am up for a caravan I am starting in Longmont

·
Registered
35 Posts
The rallycross site is not always updated very quickly...

There will only be three ice races this year, and they are not SCCA sanctioned- they will be run by the PPSCC (Pikes Peak Sports Car Club), and the SCCA rallycross people will use the results for points for their series. I think it is something like $5 more if you aren't a PPSCC member. Their site is http://www.ppscc.net- they should have more info and some directions.

The SCCA rallycross people are planning some cool stuff for the rallycross series, including an event in Durango at some Jeep place. Most of the rallycrosses lately have had a decent turnout, including some of the local rally teams.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you don't have to be a SCCA member in order to run at these, it just costs $5 more. i'm not a member, but eventually plan on getting one. if you go, be warned that everything that's not attatched to the car basically gets removed. that means floor mats, spares, items laying around the car. hmm... i'm trying to think of anything else... any questions, shoot 'em to me or e-mail some of the guys at the web site. they are extremely helpful, knowledgable, and cool.

hope to see you all there!

2004 - RallyCross Schedule

Date Location Type Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 18 Rainbow Falls Park RallyCross - Regional Ice-Near Woodland Park
Feb 15 Rainbow Falls Park RallyCross - Regional Ice-Near Woodland Park
Feb 29 Rainbow Falls Park RallyCross - Regional Ice-Near Woodland Park
Mar 21 Pueblo Motorsports Park RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Pueblo
Apr 4 Avalanche Off-Road Park RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Durango
Apr 25 Watkins Motorsports Park RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Denver
May 2 Pueblo Motorsports Park RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Pueblo
May 16 Watkins Motorsports Park RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Denver
Jun 6 US Truck Driving School RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Fountain near PPIR
Jul 25 Watkins Motorsports Park RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Denver
Aug 15 Watkins Motorsports Park RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Denver
Oct 10 Pueblo Motorsports Park RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Pueblo

2005 - Season (Note: dates are in calendar year 04)
Nov 14 Pueblo Motorsports Park RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Pueblo
Dec 5 Watkins Motorsports Park RallyCross - Regional Dirt-Denver

Classes:
*Street Legal vehicles will run the current SCCA RALLY CLASSING in a Rally Cross solo style event .

* The first 3 "ICE" events held at Rainbow Falls Park are sanctioned and insured by the Pikes Peak Sports Car Club. PPSCC classes will be ran with either DOT bare or studded tires. RallyCross Series competitor results will be pulled from final PPSCC results and totaled for the RallyCross Series. DOT tire choice for these 3 events is left up to the competitor.

Entry Fees:
------------
SCCA Members: $25
Non-Members: Welcomed! $30

Tech inspection: 9:00 - 9:30
Drivers meeting: 9:30
Racing starts: 10:00
*No late registration except by prior arrangement with the event organizers*

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ozymandias said:
if you go, be warned that everything that's not attatched to the car basically gets removed. that means floor mats, spares, items laying around the car. hmm...
Actually, they should let you run with the spare (because rally cars always run with spares), but I usually take it out anyway to save weight. But you are right about the floor mats and stuff. I usually have a Tremendous Pile of Crap that looks like it will never fit in my car that I take out...

Oh, and if anybody is going to switch wheels, bring a big board to put under your jack (no hard ground sometimes). And there may and may not be food and stuff at Rainbow Falls- if the motorcycle people are there, there should be food.

-Keith

·
Registered
20 Posts
Count me in!!! Nice thing about ice races is that if you already have snow tires mounted on your car, you can pretty much just have to show up and not have to change tires! The racing is also not as hard on your car, especially when compared to a tire and brake eating track like second creek.

Mark R.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
actually, i think i'm heading up there today (67 that is). some friends and i are probably gonna drive to the ice race on as many dirt roads as we can. i think one of them said that 67 is along the way. it's a great road with many different surfaces. goes from hard packed dirt to icy in the length of a shadow. it's cool.

dirt dirt dirt dirt.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Follow 67 south west of Sedalia. When the pavement ends take a left at the fork in the road towards Deckers. About 10 miles of "special stage.";)

Just remember there is no cell phone service and not many cars come along that route.;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
MtnManWRX said:
So basically all we need is some money to register and then its play time?
Pretty much. Make sure everything is screwed down properly, especially the battery. Bringing a helmet is good, unless you want to borrow a sweaty used one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I only have all seasons on my 17's and I cant run any other size rim since I have the BBK kit from wilwood. Buying knobby tires is out of the picture, Winter will be over soon anyway.

I can dig up a helmet, as far as stripping the car, removing floormats etc is no problem, battery is tied down.

I guess my car is fine as it is, minus the tires.

Kory

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you visit the rally site, there is a spot where you can receive the rally x mail, and dish some questions out yourself. Mark M. is the man you want to talk too about the tires, he is a cool guy and easy too work with. If they don't let ya run with all seasons they will probly just let you run exibition, unless ppscc is alot different then scca. They let me run exibition with studs last year (I just didn't rack up any points). Careful on 67, didn't somebody loose it there last year and total their car? I can't remember if that is the tragic road or not. Only 5 more days!:D :D
(BLAH) Keith, your the one that drives the RS, right? Just trying to figure out who everyone is online!:confused1
Erick

P.S. The picture to the left is from the first dirt rally x last year and it is actually me!

·
Registered
85 Posts
otisfireboy said:
If they don't let ya run with all seasons they will probly just let you run exibition, unless ppscc is alot different then scca. They let me run exibition with studs last year (I just didn't rack up any points). Careful on 67, didn't somebody loose it there last year and total their car?
Studs are allowed in PPSCC! Bare tires have a seperate class.
ONLY 5 cars went off the last time we went up there!;) :eek: ONLY one guy rolled it! Racing at the lake is much safer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ya, I was talking about 67 being dangerous, not the ice races themselves. I think they are runnin studs and snows in different classes this year, Maybe even for points? But don't quote me. Just trying to express the flexablity of the races. Don't forget about dallor runs after it is all over (hope they are still doin that) :D ;)
* The first 3 "ICE" events held at Rainbow Falls Park are sanctioned and insured by the Pikes Peak Sports Car Club. PPSCC classes will be ran with either DOT bare or studded tires. RallyCross Series competitor results will be pulled from final PPSCC results and totaled for the RallyCross Series. DOT tire choice for these 3 events is left up to the competitor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
otisfireboy said:

(BLAH) Keith, your the one that drives the RS, right? Just trying to figure out who everyone is online!
Yup, that's me.

Oh, and I believe studs will be allowed and will be able to get points for the rallycross series.

And somebody did roll their car (the yellow festiva) on 67 last year. I hope everybody is somewhat well behaved on the road- there are lots of blind curves with traffic, and it would be a bummer if somebody crashed into oncoming traffic or the cops started harrasing us up there. Of course, there are some turns where you can see if there is no oncoming traffic or cops. I've heard you can slide a little.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sweet, I will see you there! We could get real creative if we had radio's, but we might have too many cars to keep it on the down low:( and that might also get people too confident = crash. I had a great time when I hooked up with you guys last year.:eek: :D :eek:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts