Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bewbs of course

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my current build I am adding the IAG TGV deletes. My problem is I cannot decide on what color. I am torn between black and gold..... Help me decide!

·
Æternum
15,538 Posts
Who cares? You can hardly see the TGV housing with a fully dressed motor.

·
Æternum
15,538 Posts
But silver would match OEM which looks the best.

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree you will hardly notice them. But might as well get them in a color. Price doesn't change so what the hell right? lol

Im honestly torn 50/50 on black or gold. Black would look more subtle. But gold with the black IAG fuel rails would kind of stand out in my opinion.

·
Æternum
15,538 Posts
I agree you will hardly notice them. But might as well get them in a color. Price doesn't change so what the hell right? lol

Im honestly torn 50/50 on black or gold. Black would look more subtle. But gold with the black IAG fuel rails would kind of stand out in my opinion.

Gold is NOT going to work with the rest of your engine. It would work if you invested in the Wilall billet block (which you didn't). You don't want your engine bay looking like Silvercookie's...

If you are so interested in pointing at your engine bay and yelling "OMG everyone, look at my TGV deletes!" (not sexy), get the black coating. Otherwise, stay with OEM silver which is easily the best looking. Explain to me why the hell you are installing fuel rails at this point?

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Gold is NOT going to work with the rest of your engine. It would work if you invested in the Wilall billet block (which you didn't). You don't want your engine bay looking like Silvercookie's...

If you are so interested in pointing at your engine bay and yelling "OMG everyone, look at my TGV deletes!" (not sexy), get the black coating. Otherwise, stay with OEM silver which is easily the best looking. Explain to me why the hell you are installing fuel rails at this point?
LMAO at Goldmember. And yeah Gold may not look right either. Got me leaning towards black I think. It would look better I guess.

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Nope. Colors listed is all the colors they offer. WRB would be way to tacky IMO.
Wrb is tacky and gold is an option?

Just get the raw machined part. They are beautiful to look at.

·
Registered
338 Posts
paint them red

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
but bewbs are gold.......almost.......close........as good as.

Actually if it were me I think I'd get the silver for the simple reason that it shows up moisture or oil or any liquid weeping, leaking, or running over it best.

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
paint them red
That would be nice. However I will never see them to have them in my hands. Having IAG get them and put them on. I wont see them or be able to touch them until they are already on the car. But matching the manifold would be nice

·
Registered
370 Posts
gold is pretty sweet but id go black, black will absorb more heat from the air and cool your intake charge at least .01 degree, whereas gold reflects heat and will warm your intake charge very slightly, possibly immeasurably slightly....

now that i think about it, paint the inside black and the outside gold. that way the inside absorbs heat from the intake charge air, and the outside reflects heat from the engine bay. perfect. thank me later.

·
Æternum
15,538 Posts
gold is pretty sweet but id go black, black will absorb more heat from the air and cool your intake charge at least .01 degree, whereas gold reflects heat and will warm your intake charge very slightly, possibly immeasurably slightly....

now that i think about it, paint the inside black and the outside gold. that way the inside absorbs heat from the intake charge air, and the outside reflects heat from the engine bay. perfect. thank me later.
None of that makes any damn difference.

For radiative heat sources, a reflective coating will help slightly. For convective heating sources, the color makes very little difference.

·
Registered
370 Posts
so gold then, if convection cannot be helped dont paint the inside at all as the coating of paint would restrict the flow of air just slightly. gold will maybe help with heat soak a little, and just dremel out the paint on the inside if it comes painted.

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
Unpainted because that's cheapest

·
Æternum
15,538 Posts
I still have TGV deletes sitting in my garage...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts