ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i aint knocking subaru but they are so ghetto for not offering heated seats or mirrors on the wagon. they promote these cars as all-season all-weather vehicles, what is up with that?

i know somebody in socal with the premium package which has absolutely no use for heated seats or mirrors. i wish they could trade with me. anybody with a prem pkg sedan coming to boston wishing to rid their heated seats and mirrors? let me know!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Wow that does sck. You would think they wold offer them on the wagons and not the sedans if thye were only gonna offer it on one model. Oh well I love my seats and mirrors. lol sorry.

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
I don't think they offer heated mirrors. I have the prem. package, and it was heated seats and wipers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It is seats, mirrors, and wipers. Seats and wipers have their own switches, mirrors come on with the rear defroster.

The owner's manual is your friend.

Edited: seats have two settings, high and low. Not back and bottom.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
who needs heated seats, i mean really are you that much of a sissy where u can't sit in a "cold seat" for 5min till ur ass warms it up and the heat kicks on full blast. Just start ur car then go back inside. I don't wanna hear any "well u dont live in the northeast" bs cuz i live in Wmass i know all bout cold

*above was not meant in a flame in any way shape or form.*

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
S10 - (and i'm not *****ing at you, just replying with my POV)

As far as ehated seats go, it wasn't something I was looking for in a car, just a plus that mine happened to come with it. My WRX was an "acid rain" car, meaning Subaru damaged it ut and sold it as used, so I didnt' have a choice on color or options, and I don't have a paint warranty (and I got it for $21,600 with 40 miles on it instead of roughly 29K).

BUT, i LOVE my heated seats... and I do believe that the 2 settings are back and bottom, not high and low... I never feel it on my butt when I have the button pushed towards the back of the car. I have slight back probs (muscluar) and when it bothers me (like on long car rides) I'll flip on my seat heaters and it makes it better (so yea, I've used them this summer). It's also a plus 'cause I'm ALWAYS cold (i.e. I wear long sleeves to the office EVERY DAY, or bring a fleece or jean cacket to wear). So for me, in the winter, heated seats will be nice. In the winter I usually start my car and scrape it while I'm waiting for it to warm up. I park outside, so yea, that's fun... and it'll be nice to warm my butt while I warm my hands (gloves don't always cut it for me).

One thing that I do think is cool (no pun intended), and practical in cars with dark grey or black seats (leather especially) is air-conditioned seats. I don't wear shorts that often anymore, but when in skirts and shorts, black leather seats that have sat in the sun for 1+ hours = PAIN! A/C'd seats would rock... but I don't think they'd be all that great with cloth... leather forsure (even tan). Then again, I'd never use them... too cold for me :p

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Butterflie said:
i believe it's heated seats (2 settings, back and bottom), a strip under the front wipers and side mirrors.

i suppose i'll let you know for sure come winter... oh, and i'm in chicago, so no trade for sure!! sorry...
booo...to butterflie :)

comon s10, cant u enjoy the finer things in life. my old jeep didnt have heated seats either and fine, i'll give to you, i'll take the cold seat. but heated mirrors, that is such a big plus. its not a luxury item. i kinda like my mirrors clear than fogged

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
express_wagon said:
booo...to butterflie :)

comon s10, cant u enjoy the finer things in life. my old jeep didnt have heated seats either and fine, i'll give to you, i'll take the cold seat. but heated mirrors, that is such a big plus. its not a luxury item. i kinda like my mirrors clear than fogged
i can see heated mirrors to a point because we've all had ice on them and what not. driving thru a snow storm mirrors gets all iced up, the truck ones get real bad cuz they are freaking huge! but again nothing that a quick rolldown of the window and scrape.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CustomS10 said:
i can see heated mirrors to a point because we've all had ice on them and what not. driving thru a snow storm mirrors gets all iced up, the truck ones get real bad cuz they are freaking huge! but again nothing that a quick rolldown of the window and scrape.
fair enuf, but as stated on my old jeep window sticker, heated mirrors was $40 retail, you cant beat that with a bat. i'll have this car for at least 5 years. for the convenience, i'll gladly pay it. even if subaru charges $100, i'd still do it.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
express_wagon said:
fair enuf, but as stated on my old jeep window sticker, heated mirrors was $40 retail, you cant beat that with a bat. i'll have this car for at least 5 years. for the convenience, i'll gladly pay it. even if subaru charges $100, i'd still do it.
what jeep had heated mirrors? a grand cherokee??? liberty??

·
Registered
0 Posts
I would never use a heater on my ass... who wants sweaty ass?

But my wife never has that problem..... so a heated passenger seat would be nice sometimes for her. Cuz ya never know when a nice warm .... uh... well.. it would be good if she was comfortable :)

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
express_wagon said:
nope, 1999 XJ Sport, why are you so surprised?
when i think of jeep i think of wrangler and some hardcore offroading capability. I didn't see heated mirrors in a wrangler at all, which is y i said cherokee and liberty. BTW wtf is an XJ?? i know wranglers are SE, Sport, and Sahara. the TJ body style.

·
Registered
474 Posts
CustomS10 said:
when i think of jeep i think of wrangler and some hardcore offroading capability. I didn't see heated mirrors in a wrangler at all, which is y i said cherokee and liberty. BTW wtf is an XJ?? i know wranglers are SE, Sport, and Sahara. the TJ body style.
XJ is just the Cherokee, the boxy style cherokee.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wasnt a hardcore off-roader but i did have a 2" lift with 30s. and yes, XJ is just the boxy cherokee just like the TJ is the wrangler. and for some extra useless info, the KJ is the liberty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts